“Kind staff, great meal”
Review of Osteria del Gusto

Osteria del Gusto
Ranked #33 of 525 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Kind staff, great meal”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Lovely atmosphere, and some great meals made this restaurant memorable!
I enjoyed the pecorino cheese tart with Chianti reduction..delicious.
My husband had the chicken main, and I had veal. Both were tender and flavoursome.
Service was good.
One slight distraction for us was the radio playing in the kitchen...not Italian classics as you might have expected, but may e sports or news.
In any case, the radio did not alter the fact that we passed a thoroughly lovely night at this superb eatery.

Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Edina, MN
“How do you rate a restaurant just by walking by?”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We didn't actually eat at this restaurant. I discovered it when I was wandering the streets of Siena. You enter the restaurant through doors emblazoned with a large photo of two smart looking young guys (owners? Chefs?). The restaurant is located a half story below street level but has large windows so you can see the interior. Very contemporary, good looking. The menu posted outside looked excellent. The reviews I've read here attest to how good it is. This place has been burning in my brain since I returned to the States. I'm going to look for it on my next trip to Italy.

Visited May 2014
Rome, Italy
“Simply Sublime|”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I was with my boyfriend in Siena, just a couple of days ago and we have no idea where to eat our lunch. We were really avoiding those tourist traps near any tourist spots, but this place stands out! The whole place was VERY STYLISH, very modern and very clean. One might think that the food would be somewhat modern, but it was to our surprise that it was very good and so traditional in a way. None of those fusion novelle cuisine things, very no fuss, no nonsense traditional food. I love the menu of the day, it was decently priced and the service was excellent!

• Visited May 2014
Helsinki, Finland
“Amazing ragu & meat dish!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Had the set meal of the day. It was ragu and the beef in porcini sauce... mmmmm.. aaah! Was really good. Good deal for 18e as well. The ambiance was very nice, and very friendly staff. Very nice experience overall. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Decent cuisine near Duomo”
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We only went here after the #2 rated restaurant told us it was fully booked for the evening. The decor here is decent and the service very good. Food was ok - I expected better. I had the percino cheese on toast starter which was rather bland. For the mains, I had the Pici with tomato, chilli and garlic. It was quite good. My wife had the Tuscan soup - which was more like a bland casserole. She wasn't able to finish it.

Overall an ok place for grub and not too pricey either.