“Great location and AMAZING view!”
Review of Albergo Bernini

and 1 more site!
Albergo Bernini
Ranked #26 of 125 Siena B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I only spent one night here during our honeymoon - we wished it could have been more. Hospitality was great and the rooms are bigger than your average European hotel room. We had a room without a bathroom which was fine for the one night but would probably recommend a private bathroom if you are staying longer. The location is great, close to many shops and restaurants. The city itself is absolutely beautiful as you can see for yourself on their amazing terrace. We shared cappucinos in the morning and wine at night up on the terrace. It's worth the stop while in Tuscany!

There are newer reviews for Albergo Bernini

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Spent the first two nights of October here and loved it. Hotel is perfectly situated in the city - an easy walk to everything you would want to see and do in Siena. Daniella was always willing to answer questions and help with travel plans, while the room was larger than most of our accommodations elsewhere in Italy. Best of all was the rooftop patio, which provided for incomparable views, sunsets and opportunities to visit with other guests.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel is perfectly located and terrace view and ambience is incredible. Daniella was so helpful and pleasant and works very hard to make your stay memorable. Everything is easily walkable from hotel. Terrace is perfect setting for a pizza or take away dinner and bottle of wine. Room was large and clean. Our room overlooked side street restaurants but was quiet with good window glazing to further facilitate quietness. I would highly recommend a stay at Albergo Bernini for your Sienna stay. You really feel part of the beautiful Tuscan city during your stay.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Siena two days two nights
I am pleased with this little hotel with huge magnificent view , I could not ask for better view , the terrace it's wonderful , very good value , I will stay here again for sure !

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is in the old city center. Daniella warmly greeted us upon our arrival. There was a cancellation that day and she gave us a different room than the one we originally booked. She showed us both rooms and gave us the option. It was a no-brainer-the cancellation was for the room that overlooked Siena. We stayed in early September so it was still warm and left BOTH of our windows open the entire time. Waking up to that view is magic. Daniella's advice on where to eat, how to get places, even which bus to take to Florence at the end of our trip really made our stay worthwhile. Daniella and her family "make" this hotel. It is their service and their friendliness (and the terrace view) that will make you recommend this place to everyone. Our room had a shared bathroom. I was a little worried about this but honestly, it was totally fine. The shower, toilet, and sink were all very clean and maintained. There was also an additional sink in our room which made it easier to brush our teeth in the morning. I saw older reviews concerning the wifi but when we were there they offered it to us for free (although we could never get it to work).
This hotel has old world charm. The beds and the rooms are older but they are clean and maintained. If you prefer your hotels more like the Hampton Inn perhaps this isn't for you. However, this hotel is very good value, the breakfast is wonderful, and you'll have no better view while you sip wine on the terrace at night. We stayed 2 nights but wish we had stayed 3.

Room Tip: There is one room with an amazing view- ask for it!
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have to unfortunately give this place a 1 star.

PROS: Great view from room, Carlotta's freshly made sweet brioches that melt in your mouth, terrace overlooking Siena hillsides, and location is central to everything.

CONS: A beautiful dress that I left behind in my hotel room after checking out (room locked) - it was stolen. This occurred within 4-6 hours of checking out. Needless to say I am incredibly upset about this incident and how they failed to safeguard our belongings.

To elaborate on the situation further....
We stayed there for 1 night, I hung up a dress in the dresser cabinet and forgot to take it with me. Within 11 hours I contacted the hotel via email and notified them that I had left behind a dress hanging in the dresser in my room and that I'd like to pick it up. They emailed us promptly and admitted to finding the dress and said that they had put it on the our suitcase (in the lobby which they offered to safekeep and watch). However when we came back to the hotel to get our luggage - there was NO dress sitting on our suitcase. So basically it was stolen and I'm 99% sure it wasn't the other hotel guests as we only noticed an elderly couple staying there and 2 males in this small hotel. I would have expected them to take the dress out of the room and put it in a safe place and perhaps putting it on our suitcase in their hotel would be safe enough but it wasn't. This leads me to think that if someone stole the dress on top of my luggage, than my luggage was not kept safe either. I will not be staying here next time and giving a 1 star due to this incident which was easily preventable by the hotel. This pretty much ruined my trip to Siena.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Amy_Mehta
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here after three days in busy, crowded Venice. Sienna is a charming old town and the combination with this B&B was refreshing. Clean spacious rooms, numerous public areas to relax in, and a shaded terrace with great views made this one of our favorite stops in Italy. This family run and staffed hotel prides itself in doing all it can to make a tourist stay pleasant from tour recommendations, help with bus schedules, restaurant recommendations and reservations, and maps. The location is within easy walking distance of everything Siena.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows facing the Duoomo. Sunsets are amazing!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple