“Wonderful staff in a great location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Italia

Hotel Italia
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Port Neill, Australia
“Wonderful staff in a great location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We caught the Sena busline from Rome. It dropped us at the train station. We had to walk through the shopping mall and go up quite a few escalators to the street level.From there it was only about a 300 metre walk to hotel.
Girls on the desk were wonderful. Gave us a map and marked things of interest within walking distance.
Free Wii Fi and delicious breakfast. Rooms were clean and basic. Nice little lounge downstairs where you could enjoy a wine or coffee.
Stroll to old city centre, restaurants or grocery store etc.
Front desk staff also booked.a few day trips for us too. Highly.recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thanks a lot for leaving this nice review about us.
It’s really very important to us knowing your opinion to improve more and more our service.
I’m glad you chose Hotel Italia for you visit in Siena and I’m very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us!
Just a note…WIFI is free just for direct reservation as yours!
Lokking forward to your nex visit, please aaccept our kindest regards,

Federica Fiochi and the Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We arrived in Siena without having a booking, in general Siena hotels dont seem to come cheap. This hotel was a great bargain. It was pristine, and had everything you would look for in a hotel. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms are nice and big with aircon, the breakfast was one of the best we had on our travels. I would highly recommend this hotel. It's about a 20minute walk from Siena centre and it cost us about 8euro to get a taxi back that evening. There is free parking with the hotel. The one thing I wasn't very happy about was the lack of free wifi. There was a charge of 1e per hour for wifi, as we did not book directly via the hotel website. So keep this in mind when booking. Other than that we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Lidias123, thanks for your nice review.
I’m surprised about what you report on the wifi. For direct booking…and if you walked in…it was definitively a direct one…WIFI is completely free of charge. I don’t know what happened, I’m so sorry about that, really, if you’ll come back I’ll find the way to make me forgive.
I’m glad you appreciated your stay anyway and many thanks for recommending us…I really appreciate it.
Best regards from me and the Staff,

Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

What a great place to stay. Wished we could have stayed longer and just taken day trips from Siena. Arriving by train is it super easy to walk to hotel. Escalators take you up from station to street level easily and then just take a right for about 2-3 blocks and you have arrived. Make your reservations online and get free wi-fi. Checking in was fast, easy and the staff speak very good English. They are so friendly and helpful and make you, the customer, feel special. We were able to drop off bags and be on our way on a tour the front desk made for us that picked us up right at the front door - how awesome is that? We had a double superior room that was extremely clean, nicely furnished, A/C, private bath, mini fridge, TV, room safe, large closet,Firm beds, quiet room but...the best part is breakfast. What a great buffet of items. Europeans are much better at making breakfast a true "meal" than in america. Everything was fresh, clean and replenished quickly. How often does one find chocolate fondue on a breakfast buffett? The walk to the center of the old town is a bit of a walk (maybe a mile?) but the hotel itself is only about 2 blocks from a bus stop that takes you to other towns in the area or around town. I would love to return to stay at this place and also would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a smaller, less urban place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
GRAZIE! GRAZIE! GRAZIE! I really don’t have words enough to transimt you how happy I am with this incredible review!!!
What a satisfaction!!! I’m so glad your stay was that good, I love giving a nice welcome, people “must” feel good here, that’s what we want…me and all my staff.
So many thanks for posting this amazing review and above all for choosing us and for witing that you would defitively come back…we trust you…and wait for you!
Warmest regards from all of us,

Federica Fiochi and the Staff

p.s: distance from the beginning of the old town 300 meters=0,186 miles, from Piazza del Campo 1,2 km= 0,746 miles.
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Italia for one night while traveling between Orvieto and Gaiole. We chose to stay outside the city walls for convenience of parking etc. The hotel was clean, rooms were large and mostly comfortable though we found the bed a bit hard. Breakfast was very good with lots of choices, one of the better buffet breakfasts we had. Best of all was the location to the city walls. About a 10 min walk had us inside the gate and into Piazza del Campo.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, many thanks for posting this nice review about us. I’m sorry about the bed but it’s very subjective and we had to choose one kind.
I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated our services and location.
Let’s come and vivit us again soon.
Best regards from me and the Staff,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

What a gem of a hotel, we felt like we were in our home, not a hotel. The women at the front desk are efficient, charming, and work hard to make your stay perfect. The hotel is a short walk from the escalators in the train station, and a very brief walk to the main entrance to old Sienna. The rooms are not huge, but the bathrooms are large and the big windows open out to the street at the front; not sure what was at the back of the hotel. We are so glad we experienced Sienna while enjoying this hotel, I would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: they do have some hard beds which I bet they are replacing ... if that is an issue, maybe ask them
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear toes123…TO BE WONDERFUL IS YOUR REVIEW!!! Grazie, thanks!
For your next visit (…we hope so… :-)) you could try another kind of room…you’ll find always the best offers and price on our web site.
A warm regards from Siena,

Chorley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Last August My wife and I stayed in Hotel Italia in Siena as part of our 4 weeks honeymoon trip in Belpaese!
We have asked during the booking of this hotel, for one of the nicest room for a fresh married couple and the staff made us super happy. When we walked in room we had a lovely message and nice biscuits in the shape of a heart for a newly marriage.Room big and spotless, modern bathroom, nice balcony with chairs and table good breakfast and very helpful staff!
Siena is a stunning city and it has a unique style different from other places in Tuscany...
So much to see in Siena, Piazza del Campo and the city's narrows streets are the highlights!
Siena has good restaurant but in the city centre they can be overpriced...
The hotel Italia it is not right in the centre of Siena, probably good 20 minutes walking from the main attractions, but very good value for a very touristic place.
Grazie ancora cordiali saluti
Ermanno

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ermanno, many thanks for sharing your nice comment!
I’m really glad that you and your wife appreciated our small present to wish you all the best!
Siena is a really stunning city and it can be different in every season…so let’s come back soon!!!
Me and the Staff look forward to welcoming you again.
Sincere regards,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The hotels reception were so friendly and helpful. We felt welcome as soon as we walked through the door.
Our room was well decorated, second floor, back of the hotel.
Breakfast was adequate although sometimes quite busy and crowded.
It is a pleasant walk to the centre and approximately 20 minute walk to Il Campo with plenty of restaurants on the way.
we would definitely return if in the area again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear alfiew05….THANKS! I really want to thank you for this great review. It’s always nice reading good comments but when you point out something so good about my staff I’m particularly happy and proud because I believe they deserve all the best . So, many many thanks for writing those nice words.
Awaiting to receive your next visit please accept my kindest regards.