“The staff were wonderful and made this an excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Italia

Hotel Italia
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Wicklow, Ireland
“The staff were wonderful and made this an excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

For money and value this is the place to stay. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful which made our stay personal. The staff were 5 star. Having the use of the pool at hotel garden really helped in the hot weather. The views from the room were superb on the 4th floor. I would definitely stay here again. My stay was extremely positive. Excellent

• Stayed August 2013
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Marie….

Your headline made us incredibly happy… GRAZIEEEEE!!! That’s exectly what we want to transmit our guests.
We all, really hope to welcome you again very soon :-).
A warm regards from me and the Staff,

Federica Fiochi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Washington DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

It is not difficult to see why this hotel has received such good reviews on Tripadvisor. Clean, welcoming, reasonably-priced, comfortable, a decent breakfast and cheerful breakfast staff. It is also close the railway station. (When you emerge from the station, bear left toward the shopping centre. The waterfall of escalators will take you up to street-level. Turn right, and after a couple of minutes' walk you will see the hotel across the road.)

On the downside, it took me 25 minutes to walk to the main square (and I walk quite briskly). Also, the map they give you at reception is far from helpful: you cant see the woods (the streets) for the trees (the buildings)

My main gripe, however, was the laundry service. Depending whether you read the information booklet in your room, or the leaflet with the laundry bag in your wardrobe, you are informed that laundry will be returned within 24 hours, or by lunchtime the following day if it is deposited by 9am.

I deposited my laundry by 9am the day before I checked out. The following morning I enquired where it was. The receptionist rang the outside dry-cleaners. I was asked when I was leaving. I replied I was leaving at 4pm (I was, fortunately, staying to explore the town) and was told it would be back by 3.30pm. I returned to the hotel at 4pm and it had still not been returned.

It finally turned up around 4.15pm, and some of it was still damp. If I were running the hotel, I would have made a profuse apology and not charged for the laundry service. I was not given a profuse apology, and I was charged the full amount. I can only presume that, had I been leaving that morning (as I normally would have been), I would have been presented with the same dirty laundry I had deposited the day before.

Next time I will be staying at a hotel nearer the centre, with a proper laundry service.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank VayaConDiosAmigo
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

thanks for your kind review.
I’m really sorry about what your report and I’m sorry I’m not informed about that.
I have no memory of what you write and you’re right if I would have known it you wouldn’t have been charged for a “wrong service” (that anyway may happen…).
I apology now…I have no other chance…. It’s the first time that something like this happens and our supplier has always been very very precise.
In case you’ll come back please let me know, I will take care of your reservation offering you the best!
Best regards,

BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our family stayed here while visiting Siena July 2013. We had the Junior Suite. It was a great room and we thought the service and price were excellent. And as far as breakfasts go, you can't beat it (try the chocolate fondue!)

1 Thank high_roadBC
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
:-)…the chocolate fondue….we all wait the service end to clean the plate… :-) :-) :-)
Many thanks for sharing this nice review about us. I’m glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us!
Let’s come back soon!
Warmest regards from Siena,

Federica Fiochi and the Staff
Aalst, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed in Hotel Italia from 11 untill 17 of August.
We selected this hotel on the base of the positive reviews on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed.
This hotel and his staff deserves a 4-star quotation.
We booked a executive room on the 3th floor. These rooms are sound-proof, have a large flatscreen, free safe, refrigerator, a beautifull bathroom, free Wifi and we had even a large terrace (about 20 square meters). Lovely.
The airco was very efficient and silent.
We got 3 or 4 times new sheets on the bed (during 6 nights!)
A bottle of Chianti and 2 glasses welcomed us in the room (allthough the bottle opener was forgotten).
Everything was spotless clean every day.

The staff at the reception desk is extremely kind. The black woman even remembered from the first night our roomnumber. We didn't have to ask for the key, she knew the number. Incredebily memory.

The breakfast room is inviting and there is a large choice. Everything goes well and smooth untill 9.15 am. The last 45 minutes (breakfast ends at 10 a.m.) are like hell. Most of the guests take their breakfast at 9.15 a.m. or even later and there is a rush to the buffet. The kitchen can hardly follow to make the buffet up to date. Sometimes you have to wait a while for a free table.
They must reorganise a little bit the setting of the buffet. All the things that take some time (bread toaster, coffee machine, juice machine) are located at the left site which causes a crowd of people in that corner. A the right site, there is nobody. Place the coffee machine to the right site and things will go easier (I thing, I am not an expert).
We cannot understand why the second breakfast room is not always open. I would be more relaxed, less people at the buffet.

But this is the very only remark we can make: the organisation of the breakfast.

This hotel is well located: 15 tot 20 minutes by walk to the city center of Siena. The road behind the hotel has free parking (we always found a free place). 200 meters further you have a Carrefour supermarket which is open 7 days a week (practical to get some cold drinks for the daytrips).
This hotel is managed with a lot of enthousiasme, love and service for the guests.
Try it and you will not be disappointed.
Good luck to all the members of the staff and Mrs Fiochi, the director.
We certainely come back in the future.
Frank and Karin from Belgium.

Room Tip: Ask for an executive room on the 3th floor with a huge terrace.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Frank and Karin,

let me say…GRAZIE! From our hearths really many many thanks for this incredible review.
I really appreciate your suggestions about reorganising the buffet breakfast. I think I can work on it and get better but not about the machine position… unfortunately I can’t move them…in that position are less visible…owner’s indication ;-) (they’re ugly…).
For all the rest I promise to do my best and improve the service more and more...waiting for your next visit!
Good luck to you too and sincere and warm regards from me and all the Staff,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

On returning to Hotel Italia in Siena, this time with my boyfriend and not friends, it was still as lovely as my first experience.

The interior has been updated since last year and it is clear that the hotel has been making several other alterations to their service and decor. The reception is much more inviting; the breakfast room is much more comfortable (new chairs and tables) and re-organised; there is still lots of choice for breakfast: bacon, scrambled eggs, mini hot dogs, fresh fruit, cake, bread and toast, cereal and much more. The only criticism I have is that the juice is from a machine and this is one thing that has not changed - still okay but would prefer an alternative.

We booked a superior double which was large and very clean. Due to the size of the room I don't think the air-con was as cold as it could have been. Nevertheless the room was still cool and comfortable. The beds were very firm, but it wasn't uncomfortable.The bathroom shower was absolutely incredible - it was actually more powerful than my own shower! There was an abundance of hot water and clean towels every day.

Overall, I had a lovely time in Siena again and the hotel is still as great as before. I was a little sad that Elaine didn't remember me at first but when I relayed the story of my friend's lost luggage she soon recalled who I was. After a long day out we came back and found two wine glasses and a bottle of red Chianti in our room to say thank you; we also received complimentary wi-fi access due to me re-booking with the hotel. This was a lovely gesture and definitely a highlight of our stay! Although I am sorry we couldn't finish it all off, despite it being such good quality wine!

Thanks again for having us and hopefully I will be seeing you all again soon! I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to have a short, quiet, comfortable and enjoyable stay!

Best wishes,

Suzanna & Jean-Paul

Room Tip: Double superior - gives you size, comfort and buffet breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Suzanna & Jean Paul,
GRAZIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Your words are so sincere, warm and “smiling” that we all are moved.
Really many thanks from me and all the Staff and since that was your second time and these things always come in threes…we will look forward to your third time!!!
Ciao and warmest regards,

Federica Fiochi and the Staff
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 10 days and the last day was as pleasant as the first. The staff are helpful, friendly and knowledgable and the youngest member of our group (he's 6) was treated like a VIP. Thanks to this lovely team for making our stay a memorable one. We will definitely be back the next time we vacation in Italy. I highly recommend this hotel.
Special thanks to Elaine and Enza.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We all remember about you and we want to answer to your review with a huge hug and our best smile! Grazieeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Elaine and Enza in particular…:-).
Let’s come back soon…soon!!!
With love,

The Staff and Federica Fiochi
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed for only one night with our two daughters aged 11 & 8. The staff are very lovely and we were greeted with a very warm welcome and some great directions for our stay. We had arrived by bus from Rome. When you get off the bus or train you will see a shopping centre. You need to go into the shopping centre and go up every escalator (I think we counted 8). At the top you need to turn right and walk about 5 minutes and you will see the hotel on the opposite side of the road. We were in a family room which was a good size for us. The breakfast room was beautiful and the food was great. We went to the sister hotel for a swim which was beautiful but be warned it is quite a long walk to get there. The Hotel is located outside the city walls but it is only a short walk to get there. I would definitely recommend Hotel Italia to anyone visiting Siena.

1 Thank Embreys
Dear Embreys,
many many thanks for sharing this nice review about us and also for the detailed information about getting here from the railway station, I’m sure future guests will find them very useful.
I really hope you’ll come back and visit Siena soon…If you’ll choose us again please remember to look for the best offer on our web site!
Sincere regards,