“Spacious Oasis”

Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Savannah, Georgia
“Spacious Oasis”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This hotel was an oasis of cool and calm in the heat of a July vacation. My lovely white room, with two gorgeous picture windows facing the hills of Siena, was where I chose to spend an entire day sleeping off my jet lag. It was luscious! The staff was so friendly and helpful, going out of their way to prepare special drinks for me in the bar, get me cabs, welcome my daughter -- who was not staying at the hotel -- for the breakfast buffet. Easily the nicest of four hotels I stayed in in Europe. Be advised, however, that this hotel is well outside the walls of old Siena, so if you do not have a car you will be paying about 10 euros to get to Il Campo or the other in-town sights of Siena; also, taxis back to the hotel, especially late at night, are not always easy to find. That said, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
WOW! Thanks so much for this incredible review.
I’m so glad you enjoyed staying with us so much….
For your next visit just an advice…ask the cab driver to take you to Piazza Matteotti and not Piazza del Campo…you’ll save money!
Take also note of the Taxi Company +39 0577 49222…you’ll get a taxi wherever you are in Siena!
A special thanks from me and all the Staff…warmest regards,

Federica Fiochi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We loved our room, and the staff even more! Our room was lovely, large, clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was delicious, and the staff was so helpful and accommodating! (thank you Giulia!). I would definitely recommend this hotel. It is a little on the outskirts of the main city center though so it depends on what you prefer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Julie T
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Julie…WONDERFUL REVIEW!!!
Many thanks from me and the Staff…Giulia thanks you even more :-)!!!
We are really happy you appreciated your stay so much and would be pleased to have the opportunity to welcome you again.
Warmest regards from Siena,

Federica Fiochi and the Crew….
Taupo, New Zealand
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Excellent location and really easy to find when coming in by train - good and easy to follow signage. Wonderful welcoming, friendly and helpful staff. Fabulous room, which all made for a memorable stay in Siena. Breakfast was excellent which catered for all tastes and requirements. Being able to use facilities at their sister hotel 5min away made it every more relaxing, e.g. swimming and lazing by the pool - very civilised. Changed our travel plans to ensure 4 full days in Siena at this location. Would definitely book this hotel again and recommend.

Room Tip: Book early to ensure the best room possible, balcony for natural air flow
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Excellent…wonderful…fabulous…relaxing…. What can I answer???....THANKS…..GRAZIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
You can’t imagine how glad we are. Reading your review made this a perfect day!
A sincere and warm regard from me and the Staff….all looking forward to your next visit!

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Hotel Italia is a very lovely and all around great place to stay while visiting Sienna.
Hotel Italia is just outside the city center of Sienna, a very pleasant ten minute walk. Your walk to the city center will take you by the train station (down a few levels), a nice little park that has a Roman artifact just outside of it, and through an ancient gate to the old city.

The Hotel Italia is very well maintained, the room was very clean and very comfortable. The breakfast room was very pleasant and the food and food choices were excellent! The staff we found to be all very helpful and friendly. There is not free WiFi in the rooms, but there is a computer for guest use in the reception area, which we had no problems using. Parking is free. We actually chose not to park on the gated hotel grounds, but instead parked on car on the street just behind the hotel, and it was safely set for the two nights we were there.

I mentioned earlier that as you walk towards town you will pass by the entrance to the train station. We were curious and checked-it out. As you make your way down a few flights of stairs (or escalators) not only will you find the train station, but also a nicely sized mall full of shops and restaurants! That was a nice surprise.

Overall this hotel was wonderful and we would not hesitate to stay their again should we ever visit the wonderful city of Sienna again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Diane, thanks for posting this review full of useful information…I’m sure readers will appreciate this very much!
I’m really glad you enjoyed your stay and our services. Just let me tell you that booking directly with us the WIFI is completely free, both the Internet Point and the access from the room… for your next visit :-)!!!
Best regards from Siena,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was my favorite hotel to stay at during my two week vacation in Italy. Visited Rome, Siena, Florence and Venice. It was a modern hotel, and loved the black and white photos of some of the most famous actresses in Hollywood that lined the lobby walls. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a little tricky to get from the train station to the hotel as you have to walk through the mall and then go up about 8 different escalators to get up to the hilltop. The hotel is located within walking distance to the city center & Piazza Del Campo. Room was clean, bed was a little hard, but comfortable. Bathroom was a good size. Breakfast was good. I will definitely stay here when I come back to Siena.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Oh Jenniffer, thanks for posting this review…it’s really lovely. You also appreciated our style with the Hollywood pictures! Grazie :-).
Let’s come back soon…me and the Staff send you a big CIAO from a very hot Siena,

Bournemouth
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here as part of a group of 6. I visit Italy every year and this is one of the best hotels in the price range that I have stayed in. I booked direct with Hotel and received a discount for booking early. From the very beginning everything was perfect, always prompt replies from the Hotel answering my requests and questions. We were using public transport to travel around so this location was ideal as it's near bus stops and the train station. It was great to be able to use the swimming pool at the sister Hotel Garden after a long days sightseeing, although we never managed to get a Sun lounger. The terrace at Hotel Garden was such a tranquil place and the barman there very friendly. All staff at Hotel Italia were friendly and helpful at all times and the rooms were spotlessly clean with a lovely range of toiletries. The breakfast was very good with a wide range of hot and cold choices. Well done to all staff and management for making our stay so enjoyable. I have recommended the Hotel to all family and friends and will return in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Oh WOW…what a wonderful review! Grazie!!!
Thanks for staying with us, for posting this incredible words and for suggesting this Hotel…but overall for appreciating the humane side writing “Well Done!”.
We really appreciate this, thanks a lot.
Looking forward to welcoming you again, please accept our sincerest regards.

NZ
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my wife for four nights in June/July 2013 during the Palio. It was excellent. The rooms are a great size, breakfast was terrific, and free brioches are provided during the afternoon for patrons, but what really made our visit was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They were absolutely fantastic and made our stay. The hotel is an easy walk from the centre of Siena, and free car parking is available at a sister 'Garden Hotel' just down the road. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The rooms with balcony are lovely
Dear WilliamNz,
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. From the bottom of our hearts. We are so proud you wrote such incredible words about us.
We all wait for you with the hope to give you a better and better service.
Warmest regards from Siena,