“Excellent accommodation and service.”
Review of Hotel Italia

Hotel Italia
Ranked #8 of 40 Hotels in Siena
leeds
“Excellent accommodation and service.”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our room was spacious and spotless, the bathroom well-equipped. Breakfasts are high quality and varied. The hotel is well-placed for arrival by train or car and it really is just a short walk into the historic centre. The best thing though is, as others have commented, the quality of the staff.Before arrival our e-mails were answered promptly and helpfully and this set the tone for the whole visit. The reception staff are friendly,courteous, helpful and efficient. We will stay again next time we visit Siena.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Batley, what a nice review - thanks a lot!

You don’t know how much we appreciate –and need in order to improve - our guests’ feedback, especially the one like yours :-)
That means what we’re working for, satisfying our guests and making them feeling welcome and almost like home, gets real.
We’re really proud we succeeded in making a good job with your stay with us and you brought home nice memories from Siena.

I’m pleased to inform you we’re starting a renovation project in January, so come back soon and discover the “New Hotel Italia”! Find out all the deals and offers you’ll find in our web site.

Warmest regards from me and all of the staff,

Federica Fiochi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The room was spacious, well decorated and comfortable and there was plenty of choice for breakfast but what made this hotel really special was the staft: extremely friendly and really helpful e.g. travel info & advice. Thoroughly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Jane528…if I could I would hug you :-)!!!!
GRAZIEEEE!!!
I answer in the name of all my staff that likes to let you know their sincere appreciation for your great and kind comment about them.
Let’s come back soon …book your lowest price on our web site and keep in touch with us through the social world!
….one more thing…January 2013….The Extreme Makeover Hotel Italia Edition will begin….
Can’t miss visiting us after the big renovation :-)!!!!
Warm regards,

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Nice hotel, nice staff, nice breakfast. The room size is bigger than the average in Italy, especially the bathroom.

If you dont mind to walk 10 to 15 minutes to get to the historical city center, this is the best choice.

The hotel is really close to the train station, only some scalators away :p
By the way, I was told to take the bus from Siena to Rome, it would be easier because by train you need to change trains. But, the bus station is so confusing that I lost the bus (there were other people losing the bus as well). I ended up coming back to the train station and taking the train.

If you like wine, take a tour to taste the Brunelo wine in Montalcino!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oswaldoneto,

What a LOVELY REVIEW!
Many thanks. It’s very kind from you spending your time in leaving a comment about Hotel Italia.
I’m sorry about your bus/train adventure…anyway that’s true, much easier and comfortable travelling from Rome to Siena by bus…

Keep in touch with the great deals and offers on our web site where you’ll always find the cheapest price!
Looking forward to your next visit, please accept my kindest regards.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a great hotel. Easy to find and park if you are driving. The rooms are nice (and quiet). Bathroom is good. Breakfast is nice. Great location. And the staff were the friendliest, most polite and charming staff of anywhere in our 3 week trip to Italy.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
:-) :-) :-) SUCH NICE GUESTS AND REVIEW!!!

When we read comment like this, all the bad things disappear! For real!
You can’t imagine how satisfied we are you appreciated so much staying with us.
It’s not a “job” matter, I’m talking about the human side and I’m convinced …and I want to believe that it’s still what counts more!
So, just accept our sincere and warm regards and come back soon.
Ciao from Siena,

Yorkshire
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent location - across road from train station and bus stop to San Gimignano - regular service to that lovely place takes an hour and cost about 7 euros return. Very welcoming staff - upgraded us to a superior room on arrival - very spacious, very clean, a bath, plenty good towels, comfy beds. Very good breakfast - fresh fruit, good choices, seemed aware of special diets which is unusual in Italy. Easy walking distance to town centre and goo local restaurant and shops nearby. Wouldnt hesitate to recommend and would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Yes!!! Now it’s a real wonderful day!
Many thanks for sharing this incredible comment, I really appreciate.

What makes me mostly proud is that you found my staff “very welcoming”.
You know, this should be a MUST… Giving a warm and polite welcome to our guest is our priority and I’m glad we succeeded!!!

Let me thank you for your recommendation as well and looking forward to your next visit, please accept my warmest regards.

Glasgow
Reviewed November 3, 2012

really simple to find, take the never ending escalators and turn right keep walking for about 5 minutes and the hote lis on the left. easy walk into siena. the hotel staff were extremely helpful. room was spacious and bathroom even had a bath! good choice of breakfast and everything listed on their website was there, including the heavenly chocolate fondue (slightly strange for breakfast!)

Room Tip: room 112 on what is called the mezzanine (it is a proper corridor with rooms off it)look over side s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
How much does a super contributor review count?
Wow…you’re really very precious to Trip Advisor and the entire community and I’m very proud you wrote such nice words about us!
Grazie, sincerely thanks.
Me, the Staff and the chocolate fondue :-)…wait for your next visit!

Kindest regards,

Federica Fiochi
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We found this hotel to be beautiful, modern,quiet, and clean. We paid extra for a newly refurbished room, so I don't know how the others are. We would definitely recommend it to others who are going to Siena. Disclaimers: 1) The hotel is far away from the Piazza and other sites which was not very convenient. It was a 20-minute walk to anything, so you might not want to stay here unless you have a car. 2) We didn't really like Siena and would probably never go back. The town was supposed to be auto-free, but we did not find that to be the case; in fact we were nearly run down a few times on the narrow alleyways. Plus everyone there smoked-we literally couldn't get away from it and felt harassed by smokers at every turn. Bottom line: If you go to Siena this is a great hotel, but I would suggest staying somewhere else in Tuscany.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a newly remodeled room--you won't regret it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many many thanks for leaving this kind review about us and I’m really happy you liked the hotel.

What I’m terribly sorry about is your disappointment regarding Siena and I would like to write something to change your mind but I understand experiences are very very personal and subjective and it’s ok like this.

I really hope you’ll have a happy memory of us and wishing you all the best, I remain with my best regards.