“Great hotel, breakfast, and service is awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Italia

Hotel Italia
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Siena
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
“Great hotel, breakfast, and service is awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Hotel is located in walking distance from everything...10 minutes to train station (use escalators), and 15 to center. Bus stop is a few steps away, if you must, but walking is the best way to see Siena! Absolutely every staff I came into contact with was super friendly and helpful, with advice about anything I needed. They were even patient when I took forever to decide on an activity for my last day! The room was very spacious, clean, with a large bathroom, and private patio with a nice view! Wifi was excellent, and even worked in many areas of while I relaxed at Il Campo! It was free since I booked the room in their website! Breakfast room was spacious, and there are hot and cold options, plus great coffee. In fact there was sometimes a line for coffee...maybe they will have to add another coffee maker. :) thanks for everything Hotel Italia!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
AWESOME SERVICE… Thanks, many thanks for these wonderful words. We are so keen on carrying out our job that what you write is definitely rewarding to us, we really appreciate it.

Did you use our free WIFI connection in Piazza del Campo as well? Good, not many guests care about this plus but it’s very convenient and for us it’s a pleasure giving FREE WIFI access in case of direct reservation as yours.

I’m pleased to inform you that next January we will have an “Extreme Makeover Hotel Italia Edition”:-)… the breakfast room will be involved as well and thanks to your suggestions, we will install another coffee maker!!!

Thanks to you glowskid, thanks for staying with us!

Sincere regards,

Federica Fiochi and the Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Italia as a fallback to accomodations we had planned in Vagliagli that did not work out. Needed A/C and Hotel Italia did not disappoint!! and more!! Had a newly redecorated Executive room, king-bed, rain shower and very fluffy towels. A great room with free and fully-functional Wifi. Buffet breakfast was supeb, lots of choices, great coffee. Only blight was the lack of parking space, as I had to scramble to find overnight parking on side streets that were also scheduled for early morning street cleaning> A dire need for more parking spaces. Otherwise, a great hotel, and we'll be back!!

Room Tip: THird-floor executive rooms were great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear John,

many thanks for spending your time in leaving a review about us,

I’m very pleased your stay in our Executive Room and our breakfast were so satisfactory and thanks for sharing this with the Trip Advisor community.

About parking you’re completely right, unfortunately we asked for purchasing or renting some public spots but it seems the Town Hall prefer keeping them unsold and free…incredible but true :-(.
Just remember that it’s always possible to reserve a space inside our small parking or park for free at our sister hotel, 600 mt far away.

Looking forward to welcoming you again, please accept my kindest regards.

Federica Fiochi
Chesapeake, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here in July for two nights. We had pre-booked a standard room, but after a less than optimum experience at a hotel in Rome (can you say tiny and outdated?) we treated ourselves and upgraded to an executive room. ABSOLUTELY WORTH THE $$!! With a private patio that overlooked the mountains and part of the city, it was breathtaking and made me fall in love with Italy!. And the staff were EXCELLENT and very welcoming. Although the trip up the endless escalators from the train station seemed like it would never end, the hotel was a quick walk from the top of the hill, and the instant we stepped into our room we knew we'd made right choice for our stay in Siena!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors - executive rooms with a private patio! Wonderful for relaxing wit...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear loml1001,

what a pleasure your enthusiasm in describing our executive rooms! Thanks!!! Grazie!!!
I’m pleased to inform you that next January we will renovate also the lobby, the bar and the reception… so don’t miss Hotel Italia’s new look, come and visit us again soon!
In the meantime please accept our sincere regards.

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights at Hotel Italia and were thoroughly impressed. Without a doubt, the best three star hotel I have ever stayed at. The room was large and clean. The breakfast was very good and plentiful and the staff, who all spoke very good english, couldn't do enough for you. They even arranged a wine tour for us to the Chianti Region. The location was within walking distance to the train station and the city center. The value I received for my stay was incredible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!
What can I say? I’m so glad to read this incredible comment about us. No, but glad is not enough. I miss the right word, my English vocabulary is too limited :-(… but I hope to transmit you what I mean anyway.
The value we receive from your opinion is INCREDIBLE!!!
GRAZIE.
Me and my staff we all really hope to welcome you again!
Sincere regards,

Federica Fiochi
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed in one of the executive rooms at Hotel Italia for 3 nights in late August. The hotel is an easy walk from the train station, to the right and across the street after exiting the escalators. It's an easy, pleasant 15 minute walk to Il Campo. The room was quiet, very clean and comfortable with free wifi, free mini-bar and a lovely balcony. The bathroom was beautiful with a large shower, rainfall shower head and large fluffy towels. Breakfast was excellent with hot and cold items. The staff were great, especially the breakfast staff.

My one suggestion is to add a second coffee machine at breakfast. There was often a line waiting for coffee.

I would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
WONDERFUL REVIEW!!!
Thanks, really thanks for leaving this kind review full of amazing comments about us and useful information.
I’m sincerely pleased your stay was so good and I hope to welcome you again here at Hotel Italia.
A big CIAO from our beautiful Siena,

Salzburg, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

On our honeymoon trip we spent 2 nights in Siena. In advance I had asked if we could get a nice room - for it is our honeymoon - altough I had booked the cheaper standard room. We got a very promt reply that the hotel offers nicer executive rooms - but they were over our budget. After my reply a got a very nice mail form Jannicke at the reception, that she would do her best to give as a nice standard room with a balcony. When we arrived, she checked us in and gave as a free of charge upgrade to a Superior room in their annex. Thanks for that! The room was nicely decorated and had everything one would need. Especially the bathroom was very pretty! Nevertheless the street is very noisy and on our first night someone in the building eighter played sing star or listened to always changing music till 2 in the morning - so we could only sleep with earplugs. If you have a light sleep I guess you should choose their executive rooms - the are said to be sound proof. Breakfast was all right, quite a big choice for Italy but it was very busy - with the waitress doing her best to refill everything but she could not really make it. Maybe it was just bad timing.

1 Thank sonja234
Dear Sonja234,

I’m so happy you were satisfied with our service, it’s a big responsibility being one of the accommodation on your honeymoon trip… TANTI AUGURI!!!
All our rooms already have double glasses…unfortunately some people rudeness isn’t under our control. What we will do is to change all the front street windows with more modern ones, like those of the executive rooms.
I’m pleased to inform you and future guests that we will do that next January.
Maybe you could come back and verify next year, it would be very nice if you’ll come again!!!
In the meantime please accept my best congratulations for your marriage and my kindest regards.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located by the rain station after a trek up several escalators. The staff here were extremely nice and helpful. The room is very nice, the air conditioner works well and we had a lovely large deck that overlooked the hills. The room was clean and the free mini-bar was a nice touch. The rooms were quiet and the only time we heard noise was from the dirt bikes of Siena when we we on our deck. Siena is a lovely city and we felt safe no matter what time we were out. A wonderful stop at a very pleasant hotel.

1 Thank Libu2874
hotel-italia-siena, Direttore at Hotel Italia, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Libu2874,

first of all I want to thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor and for helping us in improving our daily job.
I’m so pleased your stay with us matched your expectations and you enjoyed our location and service.
From your description I understand you chose our new Executive Rooms... I also love them, they’re so fresh and bright!
Hotel Italia, the staff, and our safe and quite Siena wait for your next visit.
Sincere regards