Hotel Centrale
Hotel Santa Caterina(Siena)(Great Value!)
$175
Hotel Garden(Siena)(Great Value!)
$120
$90
Agoda.com
Hotel Alma Domus(Siena)(Great Value!)
$100
$97
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscentral locationprivate balconyheavy luggagewould definitely stay here againgiorgiorooftopskeys
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 17, 2014

You walk up five floors on narrow and steep stairs, When you get to the top you find a sign that says more or less: "Look don't even think about complaining. We sent you the contract with the conditions. We told you it was on the top floor and there was no elevator. No, we won't cancel your reservation." Frankly it's beyond the pale. I booked with Booking.com and I can assure that I did not see any warnings of that kind.
OK, it's clean. But my bathroom had a faint sewage smell. The shower stall is microscopic. You enter after sliding two half doors that meet at an angle. I am not a big big guy, but my butt and stomach rubbed against the door frames to get in and out.
One single micro packet (ketchup size) of soap. No shampoo. I had a double bed, but since I was alone they gave me only one pillow. Bizarre signs in even more bizarre English.
I got up around 7, I went to the breakfast area, the host told me no coffee until 8. OK, I had work to do with my computer (BTW, WIFI DID NOT WORK). The owner was putzing around. At 7.57 he asked me if i wanted coffee. He couldn't really make it half an hour earlier?
He is a nice guy, but frankly the deal is not for someone like me. Maybe for students, or young travelers on a budget, but I have past the phase when I can put up with hostel-level service and accoutrements.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank fkolingen
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a budget hotel, well managed, helpfull staff (they provided me with everything you need to know about Brunello tour etc), I had a lovely little balcony where I had breakfast! Its central location is a big plus! OK there is no elevator, but it is stated in the reservation, so I don't see why people are complaining, parking same thing, you can park not far from the hotel, hey If you don't want to walk why come to Siena? I stayed here already 2 times and had no complaints what so ever! You get what you payerd for, want a bell boy, alas its gonna cost ya! Nice hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a great stay here. Our room was clean and comfortable. We had a room with a balcony which was great for enjoying a bottle of wine before dinner. Our room also had a mini refrigerator to store food. The staff was more than helpful in suggesting restaurants and activities. Breakfast was continental, pastry with choice of coffee. The hotel is situated on the top floor of a building with no elevator. 4 flights of stairs to reach the hotel. No problem here, since the added exercise let us eat even more gelato!! The hotel staff helped with the bags. I would definitely stay here again for the price and location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank azo2ord
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The location of the hotel is very good, but the hotel itself is nothing special. The hotel is on the 4th floor, but they have a pulley to assist bringing the luggage up. What bothered us the most was the parking situation, which we queried when making the booking. We were told it was 5 minutes away , which on arrival we were told 8-10 mins, when in reality it s a good 20 minutes with our luggage. Also to get to the parking was a mission as it is not anywhere near the city centre of siena via a vehicle. One has to park in the stadium. Just be awAre that if you are driving yourself a GPS is of no use in siena as the roads are very steep and one way roads. And often no cars allowed on the roads either. We had no issues with the staff, who were polite to us. Breakfast was average but enough.if you are aware that you are going by car, it would be better to get directions directly to the stadium car park as driving in the city is very stressful because of narrow roads and steepness. We never actually got to the hotel in our car.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Rosario G, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Good morning, we have always advised our clients free parking confirm house that is always in the historical center of Siena (Viale Vittorio Veneto) next to the fortress. Parking is located 8 minutes from our hotel on foot. IMPOSSIBLE TO 20 MINUTES WALK LIKE YOU WRITES. Instead of thanking us that we have recommended the Hotel parking at no cost and you saved 25,00 € per night is also allowed to complain, believe it or not she is correct.
Remember that with a time of 20 minutes on foot turns around Siena, how is it that in her 20-minute walk from the car park and arrived at the Hotel, IMPOSSIBLE.
Furthermore, our breakfast is fresh and we prepare every morning, with a different choice, fresh croissants, sandwiches, sweets, chocolate, coffee is prepared as the best brands at the bar, like cappuccino is prepared at the bar, tea from the best brands, nutella , jam, yogurt, coffee, chocolate, cheese and salami fresh, I'm sorry but our breakfast and only to be appreciated only by our desire and passion to prepare breakfast every morning with fresh materials.
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Central but I'm not agree on its hedge.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel is its location. But it was very hard to enter the old city with our car and finding this hotel and then climbing to the 4th floor with all our bags and NO elevator. Another surprise was when we entered our room - no A/C in August heat....Awful! Breakfast was pretty poor as well as WI-FI signal in the room. I really don't understand what's all that excitement about in other reviews here... We'll definitely go to another hotel in our next stay in Siena.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Rosario G, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Ms Lena we do not understand you,
you first book (Booking.com - Venere.com ect. Ect.) Has agreed to certain conditions including 1.) The absence repeat to be clear that there is no elevator, 2.) The hotel is located on the 4th floor, 3.) the absence of the conditioning.
Incredible accept certain conditions, and then complain, but as you can.

I can understand other unpleasant situations that were caused by our fault addressed to you, the client.

I'm sorry but you can not complain about conditions that knew before making a reservation.

We have worked professionally and with all due respect in his comparisons and that you has not been corrected against us.

But then how can it be said in his review these words .... (I do not understand what is all this enthusiasm in other reviews here). You must leave your review and don't worry for other people who read take the decision if book or not with us.