Hotel Centrale
Ranked #28 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a budget hotel, well managed, helpfull staff (they provided me with everything you need to know about Brunello tour etc), I had a lovely little balcony where I had breakfast! Its central location is a big plus! OK there is no elevator, but it is stated in the reservation, so I don't see why people are complaining, parking same thing, you can park not far from the hotel, hey If you don't want to walk why come to Siena? I stayed here already 2 times and had no complaints what so ever! You get what you payerd for, want a bell boy, alas its gonna cost ya! Nice hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a great stay here. Our room was clean and comfortable. We had a room with a balcony which was great for enjoying a bottle of wine before dinner. Our room also had a mini refrigerator to store food. The staff was more than helpful in suggesting restaurants and activities. Breakfast was continental, pastry with choice of coffee. The hotel is situated on the top floor of a building with no elevator. 4 flights of stairs to reach the hotel. No problem here, since the added exercise let us eat even more gelato!! The hotel staff helped with the bags. I would definitely stay here again for the price and location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank azo2ord
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The location of the hotel is very good, but the hotel itself is nothing special. The hotel is on the 4th floor, but they have a pulley to assist bringing the luggage up. What bothered us the most was the parking situation, which we queried when making the booking. We were told it was 5 minutes away , which on arrival we were told 8-10 mins, when in reality it s a good 20 minutes with our luggage. Also to get to the parking was a mission as it is not anywhere near the city centre of siena via a vehicle. One has to park in the stadium. Just be awAre that if you are driving yourself a GPS is of no use in siena as the roads are very steep and one way roads. And often no cars allowed on the roads either. We had no issues with the staff, who were polite to us. Breakfast was average but enough.if you are aware that you are going by car, it would be better to get directions directly to the stadium car park as driving in the city is very stressful because of narrow roads and steepness. We never actually got to the hotel in our car.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Rosario G, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Good morning, we have always advised our clients free parking confirm house that is always in the historical center of Siena (Viale Vittorio Veneto) next to the fortress. Parking is located 8 minutes from our hotel on foot. IMPOSSIBLE TO 20 MINUTES WALK LIKE YOU WRITES. Instead of thanking us that we have recommended the Hotel parking at no cost and you saved 25,00 € per night is also allowed to complain, believe it or not she is correct.
Remember that with a time of 20 minutes on foot turns around Siena, how is it that in her 20-minute walk from the car park and arrived at the Hotel, IMPOSSIBLE.
Furthermore, our breakfast is fresh and we prepare every morning, with a different choice, fresh croissants, sandwiches, sweets, chocolate, coffee is prepared as the best brands at the bar, like cappuccino is prepared at the bar, tea from the best brands, nutella , jam, yogurt, coffee, chocolate, cheese and salami fresh, I'm sorry but our breakfast and only to be appreciated only by our desire and passion to prepare breakfast every morning with fresh materials.
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Central but I'm not agree on its hedge.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel is its location. But it was very hard to enter the old city with our car and finding this hotel and then climbing to the 4th floor with all our bags and NO elevator. Another surprise was when we entered our room - no A/C in August heat....Awful! Breakfast was pretty poor as well as WI-FI signal in the room. I really don't understand what's all that excitement about in other reviews here... We'll definitely go to another hotel in our next stay in Siena.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Rosario G, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Ms Lena we do not understand you,
you first book (Booking.com - Venere.com ect. Ect.) Has agreed to certain conditions including 1.) The absence repeat to be clear that there is no elevator, 2.) The hotel is located on the 4th floor, 3.) the absence of the conditioning.
Incredible accept certain conditions, and then complain, but as you can.

I can understand other unpleasant situations that were caused by our fault addressed to you, the client.

I'm sorry but you can not complain about conditions that knew before making a reservation.

We have worked professionally and with all due respect in his comparisons and that you has not been corrected against us.

But then how can it be said in his review these words .... (I do not understand what is all this enthusiasm in other reviews here). You must leave your review and don't worry for other people who read take the decision if book or not with us.

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I loved this hotel because it is wright in the center, close to the square and the dome. The staff is polite and very helpful, they offered a map and gave advices.
The hotel is on the 4th floor of an old building,no elavator. But the room we stayed in was very nice decorated, with a big window, and clean too.
I loved the fealing of this ancient building, it is quiet and you can sense the true italian spirit.

• Stayed: July 2013
Rosario G, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

thank you very much for taking your time to write some beautiful words, we are very pleased that your stay with us was so special, for us is more than pleased to help you.

We also hope to host you again and again, for any information please contact us and follow us on facebook.

Thanks.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

In 20 years of travel to more than 20 countries, I have never encountered a hotel like this. Our family of four arrived a couple of hours early for check in, and were informed after pressing the call button that we could just drop our bags. We were fine with it and lugged our suitcases to the fourth floor. My daughter wanted to urgently use the bathroom and I requested if she could use one for a minute. The receptionist said that was not possible. As they were cleaning some rooms I suggested that she could use a bathroom in one for less than a minute since it was urgent and pleaded again. At this point one of the guys present, who might have been the manager went berserk. He tossed us out of the hotel by taking our suitcases to the door and shouted at us to leave. I said they would have to cancel our reservation then and not charge us and the man kept yelling at us and said this was not possible. My wife intervened and said she would complain about them and the man said to go ahead, violently thumping the desk all the time. My wife, who is a psychiatrist, says she has rarely seen such anger even among her most disturbed patients. We naturally left, fearing violence. We found a hotel around the corner. Forget their inhumanity in not letting a girl use a bathroom when she was in urgent need. Wouldn't you think someone in the hospitality business would have dealt with the situation in a slightly more civil manner? And was the unwarranted violent thumping on the desk to threaten my wife really necessary? If you look at previous tripadvisor reports, you will find that this is not an isolated incident. The violent-tempered man has been rude to other guests before.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kbk2013
Rosario G, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Hello, my name is and I am a manager at the Hotel Rosario Central Siena, on this recinsione I can only say that the client has never've been inside the Hotel Central Siena. We contacted Tripadvisor and we were informed that you can not do anything. So anyone can write recinsione untrue and degrade a structure working seriously and with passion.
That is according to my opinion because the whole world is falling apart. The following is a response Tripadvisor that surely will not be published as hoteliers can write to us and to them all when it comes to truth can not write anything. Attention responsible for Tripadvisor recinsione you read this, I made ​​a copy and send to the proper authorities.

response Advisor

We conducted an internal investigation which revealed that the review in question is complying with regulations for publication on our site. Therefore, the review will not be removed by TripAdvisor travelers.
We encourage reviewers to take into account the overall assessment that emerges from the reviews of a structure. If most of the reviews are positive, travelers tend to interpret the negative review as a sporadic case.

If you have not already taken advantage of this opportunity, please use the replication direction that will allow it to respond to a review, and to make known to travelers for its opinion. The replica will be displayed at the direction of the review to which it refers, and this will allow travelers to know both points of view.
For more tips and information about our services, including replicas of the direction, visit the Management Centre: www.tripadvisor.it / owners

Reviewed August 1, 2013

A 3 star hotel located on the fourth floor of a very old building in the old town. Full of character.

What I liked :
- Quaint, charming feeling. The building is old and you can feel it in the interior.
- Room had a balcony/terrace to sit on.
- Wi-fi fast and worked well.
- Room amenities about what you'd expect for a 3 star hotel. Comfortable enough. Bathroom also ok. Decent shower. TV. Ceiling fan. Wardrobe. No a/c so on the top floor in the middle of summer it could be warm for some.
- Good location. 1 minute walk from Piazza del Campo.

What was average :
- Breakfast was just ok. Don't think fibre or anything with much life in it. Coffee, packaged Italian toast/biscuit, sugary spreads, packet orange juice, single white roll.
- Located on the top floor of a four story building. No lift. No problem for me but I can imagine for someone who doesn't like too many stairs, especially with luggage, it wouldn't be easy.

What I didn't like :
- Being told it was ok to store my luggage there after check-out time (10:00) whilst I went sight-seeing. Coming back at 3 and wanting to use the wi-fi for 10 mins to check my mails and being made to sit in the corridor because they were 'cleaning' the breakfast room. No cleaning was happening. 5 minutes later being told I had to leave because "there is a group coming", which there wasn't because I waited outside for a taxi for 20 minutes and no group showed up.
I asked if I could just finish what I was doing and the manager grabbed my case and literally threw it out the door, scowling and saying, "Check-out time 10:00am". He was really really really rude and a bit aggressive. Totally unpleasant way to end my stay.

3 star amenity but not more, great location, exceptionally rude and unpleasant manager. Certainly would not recommend. Mind you up to the point where he was really rude, they were pleasant enough without providing great service.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank davidgold
Rosario G, Direttore at Hotel Centrale, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

First of all we are not a 3 star hotel but two stars and the services we offer are up to a 3 star hotel, our breakfast is continental and very satisfying, after checking out that in our hotel until 10am, we kept his luggage beyond the 3 o'clock in the afternoon without asking any cost. After it arrived at 3 o'clock in the afternoon took your connection wifi and we have agreed. After more than 40 minutes, cluttering up the hallway with your luggage I asked politely if you could leave the hotel, being a small structure as a group was coming. You asked me to call a taxi and I called. After phoned the taxi you was allowed no reason to insult me ​​in front of the group with no respect. Before writing these reviews to learn the respect for others but especially for the people who work for you. I did not really words to describe your behavior and your rudeness. We love our job and we do it with the utmost love and respect above all our customers.

Rosario e Laura