Hotel Centrale
Casa Claudia(San Gimignano)
  • Restaurant
Relais degli Angeli(Siena)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsheavy luggagewould definitely stay here againgiorgiobalconyrooftopskeys
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We had a great time at Albergo Centrale. Mr. Stephano was really kind and gave us as much information as possible. He does not speak english, but at least he tries. Great location in the heart of Siena, close to everything that matters.
The hotel is on the fifth floor of a residential building, so that adds to the atmosphere. We stayed in a room with balcony, ceiling fan, minibar, and full bathroom. Great to relax outside, drink that last bottle of wine and enjoy the sunset. For the location, price and staff; I'd definitely recommend this hotel.
Do not drink tap water, you shouldn't anyway when in Europe. Just buy some bottled water. Also, my reccomendation is to travel light; the stairs can really wear you out if you have large/heavy luggage.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are the best
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Albergo Centrale is ok for Siena. Our room was big and a bit decrepit but very well placed for the sites (Siena is small anyway). The manager was friendly and very helpful (as most Italians are). But there is a noisy bar in the street that keeps going till late. So we missed out on some sleep. Breakfast is not good value.

John

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Nice hotel with nice staff. Pretty and clean room with clean bathroom. Great with a fridge!
Nice location, but many stairs.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Egus
Reviewed May 29, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for four nights at the end of April. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. We liked having the mini refrigerator in the room. We had room #42 which had a patio/balcony. This is what made the room worth it. We liked sitting out there and enjoyed the nice weather.

The only thing is that you must climb 74 stairs ( I counted them) to get to the hotel. Since we are not ones to go back to our room during the day, this was OK for us but it really does take a lot out of you doing this every evening. We also had a car. We did get free parking but it is a bit of an ordeal to get to the parking lot and then you must walk back to the hotel. Once we got the hang of it, it wasn't so bad, but again, you must be willing to do a lot of walking and climbing if you have a car and stay at this hotel.

We liked the location of the hotel. We loved to hang out at Il Campo and this was perfect for that.

Another thing is that they cleaned our room everyday but they only supplied us with two packets of shower gel/shampoo. Once we used them, they never replaced them. We had our own so it didn't really matter, but I thought that was strange that they didn't replace them.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay there. We paid 80 Euros per night which we thought was a good deal, considering the location. It's a toss up whether we'd stay here again, only because of all the stairs. I don't think I'd stay at this hotel again unless we had the room with the balcony (we "shared" the balcony with the room next door. There was a trellis that separated our areas). I think those might have been the only two rooms with a balcony.

We just wish they had an elevator!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed May 14, 2007

The Centrale is really on the fifth floor
I book at the hotel centrale by another site called Siena promotions, I first call, and then I write to know if the double room has a complete bathroom inside the room (so many hotels in Europe doesn’t have one inside the room but at the exterior) they assure me the room has a”shower a bathtub, a hairdryer, a bidet a toilet, and a sink” I thought it was really a deal for 70 euros. I unfortunately forgot to print the mail I receive from the hotel telling me that the room has a complete bathroom inside the room.
When my husband and I arrive, the women at the front desk ask us if we wanted to visit the room, it seems us weird, and we understood that it was because they wanted to give us a room only with a sink and a bidet! I tell the woman in Spanish that it was not the room I booked, and she started to explain and explain in Italian things that we never understood, we were tired, and after 25 min. trying to have the room I booked, we decided to stay, anyway we only spent one day in Siena. the room was basic, the hotel is really in the 5th floor, and not so clean. We had a bathroom in the exterior of the room, clean at sight but smelly…we paid our double room at the same price, like it was a double room with bathroom.
So if you ever book with siena promotions, be sure to have a voucher where you have all the conditions of the booked room.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple