Hotel Centrale
Hotel Athena(Siena)
$459
$425
Agoda.com
B&B Gli Archi(Siena)(Great Value!)
$151
B&B.it
Siena Hostel Guidoriccio(Siena)(Great Value!)
$58
$49
Hotel Italia(Siena)(Great Value!)
$288
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsheavy luggagewould definitely stay here againgiorgiobalconyrooftopskeys
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Albergo Centrale is ok for Siena. Our room was big and a bit decrepit but very well placed for the sites (Siena is small anyway). The manager was friendly and very helpful (as most Italians are). But there is a noisy bar in the street that keeps going till late. So we missed out on some sleep. Breakfast is not good value.

John

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Nice hotel with nice staff. Pretty and clean room with clean bathroom. Great with a fridge!
Nice location, but many stairs.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Egus
Reviewed May 29, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for four nights at the end of April. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. We liked having the mini refrigerator in the room. We had room #42 which had a patio/balcony. This is what made the room worth it. We liked sitting out there and enjoyed the nice weather.

The only thing is that you must climb 74 stairs ( I counted them) to get to the hotel. Since we are not ones to go back to our room during the day, this was OK for us but it really does take a lot out of you doing this every evening. We also had a car. We did get free parking but it is a bit of an ordeal to get to the parking lot and then you must walk back to the hotel. Once we got the hang of it, it wasn't so bad, but again, you must be willing to do a lot of walking and climbing if you have a car and stay at this hotel.

We liked the location of the hotel. We loved to hang out at Il Campo and this was perfect for that.

Another thing is that they cleaned our room everyday but they only supplied us with two packets of shower gel/shampoo. Once we used them, they never replaced them. We had our own so it didn't really matter, but I thought that was strange that they didn't replace them.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay there. We paid 80 Euros per night which we thought was a good deal, considering the location. It's a toss up whether we'd stay here again, only because of all the stairs. I don't think I'd stay at this hotel again unless we had the room with the balcony (we "shared" the balcony with the room next door. There was a trellis that separated our areas). I think those might have been the only two rooms with a balcony.

We just wish they had an elevator!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed May 14, 2007

The Centrale is really on the fifth floor
I book at the hotel centrale by another site called Siena promotions, I first call, and then I write to know if the double room has a complete bathroom inside the room (so many hotels in Europe doesn’t have one inside the room but at the exterior) they assure me the room has a”shower a bathtub, a hairdryer, a bidet a toilet, and a sink” I thought it was really a deal for 70 euros. I unfortunately forgot to print the mail I receive from the hotel telling me that the room has a complete bathroom inside the room.
When my husband and I arrive, the women at the front desk ask us if we wanted to visit the room, it seems us weird, and we understood that it was because they wanted to give us a room only with a sink and a bidet! I tell the woman in Spanish that it was not the room I booked, and she started to explain and explain in Italian things that we never understood, we were tired, and after 25 min. trying to have the room I booked, we decided to stay, anyway we only spent one day in Siena. the room was basic, the hotel is really in the 5th floor, and not so clean. We had a bathroom in the exterior of the room, clean at sight but smelly…we paid our double room at the same price, like it was a double room with bathroom.
So if you ever book with siena promotions, be sure to have a voucher where you have all the conditions of the booked room.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank losmoises
Reviewed June 2, 2006

I've recently returned from a 2 week trip to Italy May 28, 2006 which included two nights at Hotel Centrale in Siena, Tuscany.

This hotel is recommended by the guidebooks, and I agree with their reviews. The only problem is that it's located on the top floor of a walk up building which is the equivalent of the 4th floor and there is no elevator! This could be a serious concern for some seniors or those with mobility issues...I had a backpack so climbing the stairs was brutal, and i think hauling suitcases would be even worse! You definatley won't be running back to your room throughout the day unnecessarily!

On the upside, because the hotel is on the top floor, the views out my window were spectactular! I had a view of the tower of the Il Campo. The room was large, nicely decorated with a big comfy bed, antiques a tv even a mini fridge, wardrobe. The bathroom was sparkling white, modern and even had a built in hair dryer! You also had your own key to come and go as you please. This is not always common in Italian hotels where you usually drop off your keys each time you leave. I paid 60 Euros a night for a double room (just for me) which was more than worth it. The hotel is right in the heart of the action and a short walk to all the major sites.
I highly recommend staying here as long as you can handle a LOT of stairs!

3  Thank NaomiDaley967