“Our favorite day in Italy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tours Around Tuscany - Day Tours
Ranked #8 of 51 Tours in Siena
Ipswich, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Our favorite day in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

During a 14 day trip to Italy my husband and I hired Tours Around Tuscany as a private guide for the day. Gionni arrived at our hotel, promptly at 9:00am, escorted us to his beautiful and comfortable mini-van and proceeded to show us Chianti in a way that exceeded every one of our expectations. Gionni asked us about our interests and developed the most wonderful day, stop by stop. He handled all of the tickets and covers; delivered us to the entry of villages that you couldn't park a car in; arranged and paid for a delicious lunch and wine in an out of the way village that was both rustic and comfortable and handled our gluten free diet with ease. Gionni was polite, knowledgeable, a great driver and best of all, so fun to be with. I would recommend this to anyone.

2 Thank Wendy C

• Korean first
Washington, DC
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Terrific tours in Tuscany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I just got back from vacation in Tuscany and we used this company to book two tours of Tuscany while we stayed in Siena. Dealing with Gianni to customize the tours was easy and he was full of suggestions on what was most interesting to us. I got to Siena and unfortunately had a problem with my bank shutting off my debit card and I spoke to Gianni and he was great about sending us a link and letting us pay by credit card which he didn't do until after our two tours were finished. We were picked up on time by Manual and the first day we went south and visited many small towns that were on our list. Muanual knew exactly how to stay in front of all the tour buses and it made for a more pleasant day. We went at our own pace and he was always there to pick us up and was very flexible if we wanted to stay longer. He also took us to a great lunch place at a non-touristy place with a beautiful balcony overlooking the valley. The food was great and it was included in the tour.

The second day we went to Chianti and had another wonderful experience. He was a great guide peppering the day with all types of interesting information which made the trip more enjoyable.

Kudos to Gianni and Manual. I would highly recommend them to anyone visiting the region. Thank you.

3 Thank DCtraveler93
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience with Tours Around Tuscany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We just returned from a 10 day trip to Italy; Gianni and his Tours Around Tuscany team made our trip memorable. We were picked up at our hotel in Rome and stopped in Assisi on the way to Siena for lunch and sightseeing. Gianni then arranged a day-long private guide for our group of four in Florence; Virginia, our Florence tour guide, brought to life Florence's art and history. Gianni then arranged a day in Chianti with lunch and wine tasting and personally drove us to Southern Tuscany the next day for another amazing day of eating, sight seeing and wine tasting.
I normally don't take the time to write reviews, but I made an exception for Gianni and his team. If you are considering a private Tuscany tour for a small group, you can't go wrong with Tours Around Tuscany. Thanks Gianni!

3 Thank siennabob
Nyc
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The day with Gianni was awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I toured Southern Tuscany with Gianni on a private tour. Gianni picked us up at our hotel promptly at 9am. We did a full day of touring that included visiting the abbey, a few small villages, an AMAZING lunch at Il Casale cheese farm, a Pienza visit, a stop at Bagno Vittori and BRunello tasting in Montalcino. Gianni was knowledgeable about every subject, knew people at every stop, had some great stories and spoke perfect English. We felt like we truly had the full Italian experience with a local. He is an honest guy and a hard worker who is very keen to make sure you are satisfied with your tour. His tour is well worth the money and definitely made our trip memorable. We will highly recommend him to friends and family visiting italy. Thank you Gianni!

2 Thank 866jenniferk
Charlotte, North Carolina
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“The Highlight of Our Italian Vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Gianni is the best money we could have spent. He was informative, helpful, and absolutely hilarious. We loved him and couldn’t have asked for a better driver/tour guide. He was thoughtful and went out of his way to go above and beyond, including escorting us into the train station to make sure we got on the correct train when it was time for us to say goodbye.

1 Thank Darci M