“Tour of Tuscany”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Tour of Tuscany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

this was an amazing experience. Claudio picked us up at the airport in Rome and kept us laughing all the way to Florence. He pointed out all the things to see along the way. Our next tour was around Tuscany with Tomas. He asked a lot of questions to find out what we wanted to see and do. He dropped us off at a little walled city and while we walked around the village, he was making the arrangements for the rest of the day based on what we wanted to see. He even arranged lunch at a close by vineyard and I had the best steak I have ever eaten. It was a wonderful relaxing way to see Tuscany. Claudio picked us up to take us back to Rome. What really impressed me was how punctual they were.
Again Claudio entertained us all the way to Rome. What a great experience. I highly reccommend them.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Ronald B

• Korean first
Wilton, Connecticut
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highlight of our time in Tuscany!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband thinks I'm a genius for choosing Tours around Tuscany. We called Gianni while staying in Florence to arrange both a tour of some of the hill towns and for a transfer from Florence to the Rome airport. I knew we wanted to see Siena and maybe Lucca, but was open to suggestions regarding an itinerary. Here's where Gianni is an invaluable resource. He suggested a better plan, which resulted in less time in the car and more opportunities to see the most in our one day. Gianni and our driver Claudio met us at our hotel to make sure we were comfortable with their suggestions. They were so sweet and we happily put our faith in them. We decided to bag Lucca - now I have a reason to go back! Claudio was charming and funny and we enjoyed learning about the Tuscan countryside. You are truly driving through a painting. He took us to San Gimignano, where we walked around for an hour, then to Siena which is spectacular. He made reservations for us to stop by Casa Emma vineyard in San Donato for a wine tasting - so relaxing - we felt like we were in very good hands. It was such a treat to not have to worry where we were going or how much wine we had "tasted". Gianni picked us up at our hotel the last day for the ride to the Rome airport and we really enjoyed talking to him about our trip and especially our day in Siena - his hometown. He gave us first-hand info about the rivalries between neighborhoods during the Palio in Siena. No guidebook is as entertaining. He is such a warm person - he was very concerned that we hadn't had coffee yet and offered to find us breakfast once we got to the airport! We look forward to seeing both Gianni and Claudio on future trips.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank Tracy S
Phoenix, Arizona
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“AAA+ experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I can only echo the superlatives already expressed. I am not an experienced traveler outside the U.S. and this was only my 2nd trip to Europe (first trip to Italy) so I was extremely nervous anbout all my selections. I couldn't have been happier. We used Gianni's Tours Around Tuscany for 2 non consecutive days for teh full tour packagle (he will also do transfers with stops) - combining our day tours with our move from Florence to Siena, and Siena to Rome. Gianni was with a different group the first day (coincidentally also staying at our Florence hotel, so we met him that a.m.) and our driver/guide for the Chianti region was Christian. Christian seems a bit on the quiet side, until you get him talking about wine, food, olives, certification, classification, or pretty much anything agricultural, and then his knowledge and interest shines. My husband and I are not "into" wine, so we asked to do only one winery, and were taken to a variety of venues (butcher shop in Greve in Chianti, a castle, medium and small villages and an enormous lunch at a scenic restaurant) After our 2 nights /one day in Siena, Gianni picked us up and turned our trip back to Rome into a tour of Southern Tuscany villages,churches, a beautiful Benedictine abbey (Gianni narrated the frescoes in the cloister). At lunch, this time we knew to partciapate in our lunch selections -- we didn't want to roll back to Rome! (but we did save room for dessert!). The entire day felt like we were visiting an old friend who has moved to an area you don't know and is showing you around -- telling you all about local histroy, little known facts and what has been happening recently. We highly recommend Gianni and his services.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Mennolly
Charles City, Iowa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A treasure in Tuscany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

The two days my sister and I spent with Gianni were absolutely magical. His great humor, wit and knowledge all combine to cast that wonderful Tuscany/Chianti spell that one never forgets. He is so flexible and creates a tour just for his clients. We visited many small towns, castles, abbey and glass factory plus more. We would never have seen these Tuscan jewels without him. When we returned to Siena from the second day of touring, we talked with a couple who tried to tour the area on their own with a rented car. They were frustrated and disappointed they had not had the type of experience we had with Gianni. He is the best!

Visited May 2012
2 Thank Marilyn D
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“One of the highlights of our time in Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

My wife and I hired Gianni to pick us up in Rome, drop us off in Florence, and show us around Tuscany along the way. This was an amazing 8 hours that left us feeling like we got to experience Tuscany and got to learn about the Italian way of life. Gianni seemed to know everyone, and seemed to be knowledgeable about all things Italian, everything from wine, to food, to olive oil, to the history of the region. In talking to him you could see the pride and passion he has for Tuscany. We first stopped in Siena (Gianni's hometown), for a quick tour of the town. After returning to the car we really began to learn about Siena from Gianni. He told of the cities history, its people, and it famous horse race. From there we stopped at a few medieval villages. After that the topic of conversation turned to wine. Gianni taught us a lot about Chianti. You could hear in his voice and explanations that he cared deeply about wine. He spoke with great regard about the people who made it, the land it grew on, and the centuries old process they adhere to. After that Gianni took us to a winery for a tour and tasting. From there he dropped us of in Florence (but not without showing us a rainbow as we were leaving). After we arrived in Florence my wife and I found ourselves sad that he would not be with us during the rest of our time in Italy. Gianni tailored our trip around our interest and I would recommend it to anyone interested in Tuscany. This trip was the most memorable 8 hours we spent in Italy.

Visited April 2012