My husband and I finally took our long-overdue honeymoon this month. We went to Paris, Rome, Siena, and Florence. Needless to say, this trip involved a great deal of planning and research. TripAdvisor has been a vital resource for me, all of the reviewers' comments helped us to ensure a wonderful vacation so this is my way of returning the favour. On to the review...
In Siena, we booked the Palazzo Ravizza, the most traditional of the 5 hotels we stayed at during our entire trip. This place oozes charm (a little detail: no key card, they give you an actual key for your room) and the breathtaking view from our room is worth every euro we spent on a suite. My husband and I typically book modern boutique hotels, but in Siena, the Palazzo Ravizza was the perfect choice.
The hotel is within the city walls, a short 5-minute walk to the Duomo (gorgeous) and a 10-minute walk to the Piazza del Campo. Siena is hilly, and the main route from the hotel to the city center, albeit short, is a tiny bit of an uphill climb. I think it will be fine for most people though.
The continental breakfast selection is limited but of high quality. You can choose to have breakfast in the spacious, well-appointed dining room or on a gorgeous sunny morning, take it outside to the beautiful garden facing the country hillside. If you choose to stay connected to the outside world, they offer free internet access in the rooms (cable provided).
Siena was everything we hoped it would be - relaxing, romantic, beautiful. I was reminded of that every day of our stay at the Palazzo Ravizza.
1. Dining: La Taverna di San Giuseppe, 15-minute walk from the hotel - best food we had in Italy, a tad pricey but worth it. Reservations required as they are pretty well-known among locals and tourists alike. Bistecca Fiorentina and Pici with Wild Boar sauce are musts!
2. Do your research on pricing - check multiple travel websites, check the hotel website for any special offers, even call the hotel to see if they would offer an advanced booking discount (typically non-refundable, discounts will range between 10-15% on top of the best rate - based on my experience).
3. VAT refund for non-EU citizens: Minimum purchase is 155 euros from the same retailer on the same day. The option of an immediate cash refund is available at select locations in the city, make sure to ask the retailer for details.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Palazzo Ravizza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Ravizza Hotel Siena
- Palazzo Ravizza Siena