“A perfect introduction to Siena”

Siena Walking Tours - Private Guided Tours
Ranked #13 of 54 Tours in Siena
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided walking tours in Siena and in the main towns of its province with Costanza. Guided walks in the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Customized itineraries and wine tastings on request.
Birmingham, UK
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“A perfect introduction to Siena”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We booked a tour for four of us for just after our arrival in Siena, at palio time, to aquaint us with the lesser known parts of the city and the palio. Costanza was friendly, knowledgeable and had very good English. She also had a great knack of getting us to the right spots just in time to get great views of the various palio related processions. We tried cakes, and had opportunities for ice creams at the best shop in town and drinks before we went to the great restaurant Costanza had booked for us.

We would all recommend Costanza if you want a tour of Siena tailored to your needs

Visited August 2014

Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great way to learn about Siena”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Half day walking tour of the historical town of Siena. We heard about the Palio and the horse race connected to the Palio. The tour gave a good insight into the history of Siena and it's people families who pass down the tradition of the contradas.

Penn Valley, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Five stars not enough for Costanza!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

It was the excellent reviews on Trip Advisor that led me to Costanza of Siena Walking Tours. After experiencing her wonderful service on behalf of my family and myself (trip organizer!) I can only say, "Double or triple all the good reports and it will be closer to the truth!" We had the benefit of her services for a day and one half day and saying goodbye was like losing the company of a much loved family member. Our party included my daughter, two teenage grandsons and my husband and myself celebrating our 50th anniversary. Costanza was a hit with all age groups as she led us through the sites of the Classical Tour of Siena. Our full day with Costanza occurred on the magnificent Palio Day and this was tour guidance at its finest! Costanza had us right where we needed to be to witness the Blessing of the Horse in church, to join with another tour group for those of us who had tickets for the race, and found a perfect spot to enjoy the race for those without tickets. It was quite a feat, but she made it easy and fun!

Her on site guidance was a marvel to all but only I, who had spent many months planning this trip, truly knew how helpful she had been from our first email contact in November til we met in person July 1. I will be forever grateful to Trip Advisor for enabling me to make this contact!

2 Thank Doni5
Albany, Australia
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Excellent way to discover Siena”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I am travelling alone and wanted a short walking tour of Siena to understand a little more of this beautiful city. I contact Costanza before I left home and made the booking. From that day on I felt like I had a friend in Siena. I needed some local advice on the bus vs train from Rome and Costanza helped me out. In the lead up to the tour Costanza kept in touch and on the day, emailed me details of what she was wearing so I could easily find her at the meeting point. Something that can be stressful.
I felt like I knew Costanza from the minute a met her. A lovely woman. We walked around for 2.5 hours and I got to learn a lot about the main sites, local customs, the Palio (which had been on 2 days prior), and their architectural, religious and cultural significance. She also gave advice on local food and wine and try and in fact we taste tested some of the local panaforte and Sienese cookies.
I would recommend thins tour to anyone visiting this area.

4 Thank Albanylee
North Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent, short tour”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We wanted to know more about Palio, but we did not want to take a long tour. Constanza arranged to meet us at 6:30 for a 1.5 hour walking tour that emphasized the Palio. We even were able to visit one of the best kept secrets in Siena, one of the neighborhood museums--not easy to accomplish on one's own. She was very charming, and it was like walking around the city with a very informed friend! I highly recommend her.

Visited June 2014