“The Best of Indian Food I Ever Had”
Review of Namastey India - CLOSED

Namastey India
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cucina Indiana Di Origine Punjab..
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I love Indian food (as well as Japanese), and when I have an opportunity, I try to visit Indian restaurants and in each of them I always have had something I really do not like (or wish I would not order). But it was not the case in this restaurant. I did not have high expectations when I entered that place, but the food was divine.
Every single dish of it was great! We had a big group of people wishing to taste several things, so we ordered a variety of food, and everything was soooooo tasty!! Particularly I would like to praise fantastic mango lassi, menu "Goa" and this fantastic green dessert with cardamon!!
Mmmmm... Thank you for this great experience starting a new year!

1  Thank Sergejeviic
Kashmir B, Proprietario at Namastey India, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thanks for the wonderful review, we always try to take care of every detail even though we still have much to improve. we wish to see you again soon at namastey..
Thanks
Ranjit

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Desperate for Indian food whilst in Italy so looked up what appeared to be the only Indian in Siena...Despite the tastelessly negative reviews about the place the wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the food! Yes the beer was expensive, not unlike the rest of Rip Off Italy!! Bravo to the Chef and thanks for being a part of our 30th Wedding Anniversary!!

1  Thank aybee
Reviewed July 3, 2012

i am one of the students from university of Texas San antonio in Siena for a study abroad program. After a week of pasta and boiled vegetables at the Mensa college cafetaria. I was really home sick for Indian food. Namastey India is right in on the way to Mensa. I stopped abd spoke to them and had dinner. That was it!!!!. i have been eating there since a month at least one time. The sag paneer tastes better than USA because the produce and milk is pure in italy. Their best food are the punjabi dal. with Naan or basmati rice and Sag paneer, Samosa and for desert gulam jamun, and srikant. i will easily recommend this to anyone. Staff and Owner very friendly and kind and their ambiance very welcoming. Must try.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Where do I begin. The chicken tikka was probably very good yesterday, but to reheat it and serve it this lunchtime, chopped up, is unacceptable. The "poppadoms" were priced at 2 euros, so we expected at least a couple. When ONE poppadom was served with no dips or chutneys it was a joke — which was on us. The onion bhaji consisted of deep fried chick pea flour, and no discernible evidence of onion. The naan bread had never seen a tandoor. The prawn massalla, described as 'hot', was tasteless, spiceless, full of ghee, and contained only 4 small prawns for 9.50 euros. In short, the only thing preventing us from rating this restaurant as terrible is that we have seen worse, though, to be frank, we can't remember where or when. How they get away with this standard in Italy, where the food is always so fresh, we will never know. But they definitely can't get any repeat business.

2  Thank Jeannie-Liz
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Before I start let me say that I am very fussy about my curries.. And when my husband and I chanced upon this restaurant in Siena, I wasn't expecting much. But I was pleasantly surprised and how! Namastey India is one of the best Indian restaurants that I have eaten in outside India (and I have tried quite a few in London where I live). The mutton (lamb) masala wasnt in the menu but was suggested to us by Bains (our very helpful host). It had the right flavours and was yum without being too hot. The dal or lentil combination (of three pulses) was something I haven't had before but it was nice too.. And went well with the mutton... And healthy too i think! I would recommend the alloo paratha (bread) which was super. But the tandoor chicken which we ordered as a starter was my favourite. The price is very reasonable for Siena and our total bill for two mains and three breads, with the tandoori chicken starter and a whiskey plus mineral water came to 38 euros. Do remember that the portions are small so order lots of food.. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank DeepikaThapliyal