“Yum food and super service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Namastey India - CLOSED

Namastey India
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Cucina Indiana Di Origine Punjab..
London
“Yum food and super service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Before I start let me say that I am very fussy about my curries.. And when my husband and I chanced upon this restaurant in Siena, I wasn't expecting much. But I was pleasantly surprised and how! Namastey India is one of the best Indian restaurants that I have eaten in outside India (and I have tried quite a few in London where I live). The mutton (lamb) masala wasnt in the menu but was suggested to us by Bains (our very helpful host). It had the right flavours and was yum without being too hot. The dal or lentil combination (of three pulses) was something I haven't had before but it was nice too.. And went well with the mutton... And healthy too i think! I would recommend the alloo paratha (bread) which was super. But the tandoor chicken which we ordered as a starter was my favourite. The price is very reasonable for Siena and our total bill for two mains and three breads, with the tandoori chicken starter and a whiskey plus mineral water came to 38 euros. Do remember that the portions are small so order lots of food.. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank DeepikaThapliyal

Los Angeles, California
“If you're in Italy for Indian food...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

My dad and I loved the food here, delicious and nutritious! Although we were vacationing in Italy, where good food is everywhere, we had to return to this restaurant the very next day. Excellent lentil soup, nan and roti breads, tasty sauces...I'm hungry just thinking about it! The scene was an interesting mix of old Sienese architecture and Indian motifs. The primary waiter was pleasant but the helper tried to persuade us that we had ordered some dishes that we did not. Well, his Jedi mind tricks did not work on us! Shoot, I forgot to toss a coin over my shoulder, because I definitely would return to this place!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank HHo32655
New York City, New York
“Authentic Indian restaurant in Siena”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

After about 8 days of Italian food we really craved some good Indian food and were happy to find this little gem in Tuscan area. We ate only vegetarian food and found that to be great value. The server were all very courteous and food was very close to authentic Indian - we asked for it to be spicy . Will definitely go back again.
The owner Mr Rajinder helped us select the best dishes so much that we even took some home for dinner.
Will definitely go back again.

Aachen, Germany
“GOOD!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2012

I've been here at the end of year 2011,'cause all the other italian typical Siena restaurants where full of peoples. All the things I've eaten were very good, served by very nice peoples. Though I've not a great knowledge of indian food, that Punjab chilly sauce was incredibly good!!!! Try it!
Not a great price, compared with other more typical restaurants near Piazza del Campo, unless you just eat pizza...

• Visited December 2011
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nice little real indian place in Siena”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Me and my wife went there in search of real Indian food and yeah we got it there! I can claim that they serve authentic north Indian food (being Indian we can).

Staff is nice and polite, we felt like having a dinner at friends place.

I would high reccomend this for those who wanna have real Indian food (not like others where food is made and served by non-Indians).