“I love it here. I feel at home here. More please.”
Review of Trattoria Da Dino

Trattoria Da Dino
Ranked #65 of 533 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Stromboli, Italy
“I love it here. I feel at home here. More please.”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

There's something incongruous about Dinos. There it sits in one of the most beautiful cities of the world. Right in the heart of renaissance land. Admittedly it is turned two corners from a main street, but even still it is just five minutes from la piu bella piazza nel mondo (it's a long story, but that's what Gianni Morandi told me). And they make almost no effort what so ever to sell to the hoards of tourists that visit this gothic dream every year.

I'm not complaining. The more Italians around me while I'm eating the happier I am.

Dino's is not plush. In way it is quite similar to the trattotia la torre on Via Salicotto in the enemy (small e) contrada.

I love it here. I feel at home here. More please.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank TravelsInItaly

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the Euros or your time.”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Several people including family members with a home in Siena suggested Trattoria Dino as a nice local place to eat. After arriving at 9:20 we were made to feel aoffice we were doing them a favor. "no primo piatti" which we agreed. As we ordered, the positively rude waiter and the nicer woman behind the bar proceedetusk verbally argue about us after we had ordered. I did ask if we should go and was told no. I should have trusted my instincts. The food we had was mediocre at best. The grilled vegetables were awful. I highly reccomend you just go somewhere else. Never again. And I will make sure my family does the same.

1 Thank Brooklynbookgal
“Excellent traditional food”
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Had nice meal, Dino's Spaghetti and rabbit with tomatoe sauce. Not a tourist trap, seemed like a place where locals go.

3 Thank Timothy G
Houston, Texas
“Great setting and food”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Excellent food and wine in an historic setting. It won't disappoint.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank DPHou
Scarborough, ME
“Good food, cute space”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This was one of our first meals on our recent visit. The antipasti plate was pretty good - the meats were delicious, but the crostini were not very good. Our meals were all freshly prepared and tasty and the house wine was good. We didn't have room for dessert, but saw many patrons enjoying what looked like a good creme brulee.

Visited April 2012