Hotel Minerva
NH Siena(Siena)(Great Value!)
$130
$124
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Alma Domus(Siena)(Great Value!)
$87
$375
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
1,542 results
All reviewsold cityminute walktrain stationnice hotelwithin walking distanceup hillshort stayinside the city wallspiazza del campoan amazing viewcouple of nightstown centreeasy walkhotel roombreakfast roomair conditioninglarge room
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The first thing we noticed on arriving into our room was the noise level. The floors are tiled and the walls seem to be paper thin with the result every noise from the corridor and adjoining rooms could be heard. We were able to hear the conversation in the next room. When the toilet was flushed in the next room it was if it was in our room. At 6am I was woken by LOUD banging noises like furniture being moved and doors banging. The only thing I could think it was was the staff preparing for the day and setting up the breakfast room without any regard for guests. The noise continued non stop with doors banging etc. until I got up at 7.45. Hotel is within walking distance of the main square, room was clean and functional, staff are courteous and helpful, and breakfast was good however not a good hotel to stay in if you are even the least bit sensitive to noise.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ROCCO L, Direttore at Hotel Minerva, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear Sylvia,

many thanks for your commentary. It is not possible the noises you heard in the very early morning were coming from the breakfast room, as you saw, the breakfast room is just next to the lobby and the rooms are on the opposite side (in the back part of the hotel) so the noise came for somewhere else.
IOn any case you could have phined the reception to make present the problem and the porter would have checked for you the source of the noise,
I'm happy that anyway you liked your room and our staff.
A warm regard from Hotel Minerva.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I recommend taking the bus rather than a taxi when you arrive at the GARE SNCF. It's a close commute and not to mention at a very cheap price! The bus stop is about 3-5 minutes away from Minerva and there are many lines running through.

Hotel Minerva, compared to others, is a larger hotel. It is at the beginning of a slightly inclined road. Upon check in, they will ask you for your passport to take record of all guests staying at the hotel. From my experience, this is done throughout Italy. However, I know some hotels will only ask for the passport of the person who booked the hotel. Minerva, however, asked for both of ours.

When we got to our rooms, it was very clean with what looks to be new furniture. What we loved most about the room was our breathtaking view overlooking the Siena housing (trust me, very beautiful at night!) and our Air Conditioner! Being it was extremely hot to travel in the Summer, we were blessed by a room with the strongest AC we could ever ask for! We LOVED how there was some kind of jazz concert playing at night because we heard the music from our room throughout the evening until about 1am. We turned our lights off (so no bugs can come in), opened our windows and just relaxed with the music playing in the background. VERY relaxing and romantic! Siena at night, AMAZING! The room was very spacious and larger than other European rooms/hotels we have been to. No Carpet! Lots of cabinet space with extra pillows and blankets should you need it. Good bathroom and shower. Your stay comes with free breakfast, so that was a huge plus to get our day started and our Espresso!

The only thing we didn't like about the hotel/rooms was that the bed was VERY squeaky. Whenever we would toss and turn it would squeak and make noise. This part was not relaxing at all, especially after a long day of walking around. At least the Jazz music helped us. Also the bathroom door squeaked as well so you can definitely hear someone going to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Lastly, either they have very thin walls, or people are just very loud coming through the halls. We woke up to talking, could have been house keeping or guests. We also heard what I think was people dropping their luggage. An unexpected loud noise to wake up to was not pleasant. The talking started around 8:45am and I only know this because I couldn't get back to sleep.

Room Tip: Try to request rooms away from the elevator or stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ROCCO L, Direttore at Hotel Minerva, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear guest,

many thanks for your commentary. I'm please that you appreciated our view from the rooms and the hotel services.
I will control the bed and will cfhange it if it so noisy.
Unfortunately the corrdidors are nartrow and it'easy to hear people screaming: I beg your pardon for that.
We hope that you will come back toi admire once again our amazing view of Siena.
Best wishes from Hotel Minerva.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

don't take room 214 no view cant open shutters of windows unless you like to be looked at constantly , so noisy you cant get to sleep because of the noise from houses across from you and rooms above and next door , plumbing wakes you every time anyone uses toilet near you as the sound of the flush is deafening , feel sorry for the breakfast staff who work their butts off but if you don't go close to 7.30 or so there isn't much left after that yogurt always first to go it seems shame as well as hotel seemed ok but the room was dirty and I was in perpetual darkness as I couldn't open window at all. I arrived awaiting this bell boy id heard of and all I got was a huge heavy key tossed down by a balding receptionist and told room was on first floor after a bit of a wander about I found it would never go back usually go to Hotel il Giardino or Hotel Athena when I am in Siena

Room Tip: say no to room 214!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Hazzabhoy

Dear guest,
I'm sorry for your bad experience, but I remind you that you reserved an economy room, that is cheaper than the other rooms because it does not have any view. Either in expedia or Booking there are photos of the economy room, so that the guests do not have expectation for the view on the city.
so next time, if you weant the view and a more confortable room I wrmly recommend you to book a standard or a Superior room.
Kind regards from Hotel Minerva

Reviewed September 15, 2013

As this hotel was booked by a company as part of a bike tour, as with the other hotels we stayed at, I think this was taken advantage of and they rightly assumed that we would be too tired from the cycling to complain about the room.
On the good side: The room was large and quite clean, it was only 20mins walk to town, and there was parking for €12 euros a day. On the downside 2 of the 4 receptionists we came into contact with we're pretty grumpy (one probably daren't look us in the eye or smile as he knew what a rubbish room he was giving us), the room looked into a roof with a screaming family in residence opposite, the shower was slimy on the floor, and the bathroom window didnt close and there was paint missing. The two women running the breakfast room were working really hard to keep up with everyone, but clearly needed more help to get out the coffees, restock the buffet, and tidy up.
Overpriced for what you get.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
ROCCO L, Direttore at Hotel Minerva, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for the commentary. The majority of our rooms have a view on the olkd town, but not all of course. Some have another building in front.
For the painting which was missing in some points, it was because we just had changed the hairdryer and was not possible to have the paqinter on the same day.
As for the shower the architect decided that was nicer in that way, then it depends on the tastge of everyone: not all the people like the same things.
Kind regards from Hotel Minerva.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were on a mission to find a certain 4star hotel in Siena and got frustrated by our GPS. Deciding to take the next hotel we came to - Minerva was it. We were reluctant since it did not look lavish from the front. It is a little gem within walking distance to Centro, the train station and a whole bunch of fabulous restaurants. The bathrooms are clean and fresh, the rooms spacious and the windows open to fresh air. The breakfast was as good as some 5 stars. It cost the same for 3 nights as 1 night at the one we were searching for.

Room Tip: We were on lower level - beautiful view but the wifi wouldn't work on that level. Who cares. We had a fab view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

I must thak your GPS that made you discover our hotel. I'm pleased that you ejoyed your stay and thank you for the nice words you wrote.
We hope you will visit us again if you happen to come back to Siena.
Warm regards from Hotel Minerva.