“Nice Hotel in Siena”

Hotel Minerva
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Reviewed August 5, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Write a ReviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Considering the price we paid, that hotel was no too bad I guess.
Service was nothing to write home about, but it was not as bad as other seem to have experienced.
Room was pretty small but comfortable and the balcony we had offered a nice view of the city, which was quite pleasant.
The hotel itself look like an old school or government office building converted into an hotel.
Everything is quite old, but at least its clean.
Location is not too bad either. You definitely need to walk (about 15-20 minutes to get to the piazza del campo) but this was not a problem for us.
One little thing which was not a major issue but a little annoying:
When we got there, we asked if there was some place recommended to have a late lunch (it was about 2pm) the guy didn't asked a single question and gave us a card with his name on it, recommending to get across the street to some unattractive cafeteria style restaurant. He also repeated 2-3 times that we should give them the card with his name on it (probably so he would get a commission...) We simply avoided going there and ended up eating the best sandwiches ever a little farther in the city. As I said, not a major problem, but kind of disappointing service.

Overall, an average place, worth it if you get a good deal and don't stay too long in Siena.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The hotel is a very standard hotel with not much to offer but a room and very regular breakfast. The service was awful. They lied to us about 3 different things.Since I had been traveling for some time already, I asked in the front desk if there was a place closed by to do laundry and a beauty salon (to wax)... the gentleman told me that there were no self laundry places open and that I could go check a beauty salon by the train station. I asked him if he could check for me if it was open, as he pretended for 1 min. to look (he was annoyed that I asked him to check) he turned around to tell me they were closed on Saturdays. I left and stopped to look at the advertising flyers they had in the hotel and they had one for laundry open everyday!!! I also found out that the beauty salon was open and I did my wax there. In other words, the "gentleman" lied to me. The next day I asked to use the Internet and another person in the front desk told me it was not working because it was down anywhere in Siena, that there was only one tower and it was down (for the 2 days I was there)... yet another lie. I asked in a cafe to use their wi-fi and I connected with no problem. I wouldn't recommend anybody to stay at this hotel. There is nothing special about it and the service... well... let's just say, they are not very honest or helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Susana S
Reviewed July 24, 2012

At first sight on a flyer seems to be nice but...
WiFi in the room is not true, you have to pay for it 5 euro per day... Scandalous.
When we came back at 11PM there was a guy at frontdesk who was smoking and staring at us. We said "good night" and he didn't say nothing...
Rooms are confortable and clean but really look like hospital rooms.
A nice thing is the private and securised parking for 12 euro per day

I will not recommend this hotel. I'm sure that there is bettter one for same price

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank le_gabe
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Minerva for 3 nights room and bathroom were clean and spacious. Breakfast was good with lots of choices but staff a little lax at stocking up the choices, the coffee was lovely. Only downsides were we ordered twin beds only to find we had two single mattresses in one large base made up with king size bed linen, it didn`t matter too much to us as it was my daughter sharing with me, and the bed was a little hard, also our room was at the back of the hotel and there was concerts going on in a park close by until 1-00a.m. Luckily we didn`t have any very early nights, but it was a bit annoying. The city of Siena is worth a visit there is so much to see, even just to see the steep hills the narrow streets and the very tall buildings let alone the churches and beautiful cathedral (The Duomo). Would recommend this hotel I did our booking of hotel and flight with Budgetair which was very reasonable. We flew to Pisa depending what time you land the transfer to Siena can be quite expensive we had to have taxis for the 2 hour journey each way but there are buses and trains from there. If you can fly to Florence I think transport to Siena is easier.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Minerva for three night and it was a very pleasant experience. This hotel is very simple/ basic but it is very clean and comfortable. The rooms are not extravagant but the rooms and bathrooms are quite spacious. What more do you need? .We were too busy visiting the splendors of Siena and Tuscany!!

The hotel is fairly well located ( 15 minute walk to the Piazza Del Campo) and a five minute walk from the Piazza Gramsci ( for those who arrive by bus). The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. They were more than happy to help us get some tours set up in Tuscany as well a provide us with some recommendations on restaraunts. The breakfast buffet is excellent with a good variety of choices. The only thing that I disliked is that there is only one small elevator. So if you check in unfortunately at the same time with other travellers that have a lot of luggage you may wait for some time to use to the elevator

I would recommend this hotel to other travellers

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Image_Traveller
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Minerva for three nights. Our room was small, but included a balcony with a nice view. The breakfast buffet was good, with lots of choices, including fresh melon, pineapple. kiwis, and other fruit. We were surprised when the front desk did not have a corkscrew for our newly purchased wine, but they sent us across the street to a bar to have it opened. Then front desk staff then lent us a small tray with two wine glasses on it. Aha, redeemed. Booked through Olohotels, we found the place to be a good value for the money.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple