2,345 results
All reviewsmain buildingplenty of sunbedsthe busswimming poolrestaurant staffhead waiterlovely hotelold citygreat poolminute walkreception staffsiena centrehire carsuperior roomeach eveningquiet locationoverlooking siena
Reviewed July 29, 2016

Larger hotel (you do not get the 'personal touch' as you would get in other smaller hotels, but that is personal); lot of parking place around the hotel buildings (however, difficult entry for luggage on wheels (because of the gravel)). Friendly and professional reception service. Parking in the city is only a couple of minutes away (and free after 20Hrs) which allows for a nice evening stroll in the city of Siena. Decent breakfast with delicious pastries. Nice rooms; swimming pool.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2016

Took us a bit ti find this hotel but it was well worth it. Set at the top of a hill overlooking Siena this hotel is spread over a decent size area with terraces, outdoor eating areas, a pool, annexed accommodation and .... you guessed it, a garden. Plenty of car parking, impressive entrance and very welcoming and helpful staff. Our room was in one of the annexe blocks and was fantastic. Clean, a great ambient temperature, comfy bed and decent sized bathroom. The bar has a good range of beers and spirits and the measures were generous, ask my wife! The bar top was full of bowls of delicious tasty snacks, for free. The breakfast range was exceptional, loads of choice and very tasty.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is visiting Siena and has free wi-fi.

Reviewed July 27, 2016

When we arrived, we got a free welcome drink to congratulate us on our marriage. It was a lovely gesture! The hotel was very clean, and the staff friendly. We loved the pool! There were free appetizers at the bar in the evening. There is also free parking. Everything was perfect! The location is also very good, near to the center. We will definitely go there again if we get the chance!

Room Tip: The private house is right next to the pool, good access.
Reviewed July 25, 2016

I just want to say first that this hotel is better than average but I would not say very good.

We spent three nights in the Hotel Garden. We had a Junior Suite in the Belvedere annex.as there were three of us. I was a bit disappointed with the room as I thought it would be bigger and it was a bit tired. BUT the room was clean, the air conditioning worked, the WIFI was average speed, (fine for me but my son said it was slow) the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was quite big and had everything you would need, toiletries and soap etc . The water was always hot. It was also incredibly quiet and we slept well.

Breakfast overall was fine - there was cereal, rolls,ham, cheese, eggs and bacon, fruit and a huge table of home made pastries. I just felt that there could have been more selection of cold meats, cheeses, fruit and breads. BUT it was lovely to sit and eat breakfast on the terrace, While the coffee came from a machine it was freshly ground and as a person very fussy about their breakfast drink I was surprised how good it was.

I thought the grounds were tired and I would not have said there was a garden as such - don't expect flower beds.. BUT there was a very welcome pool area with lots of loungers. A welcome respite in the heat and a morning in Sienna. In the afternoon around 4pm free food (hearty snacks) is served in the bar in copious amounts.

The main building was not tired and it was tastefully decorated.

We ate in the restaurant on the first night and sat on the terrace. I had ravioli to start with which I enjoyed and then swordfish which was ok.

For the remaining two nights, we caught a bus to the Center. The bus stop is located outside the Hotel and because the service stops at night about 8pm we walked back to the hotel which took 30 mins. (we also felt safe during the walk).

The Hotel staff were very welcoming, attentive and helped us with transport to Florence. This good service makes all the difference when travelling. The barman Atla was quite a character and made good cocktails.

Gosh this hotel has a lot going for it... it just needs some-one with a pot of money to give it some TLC. Wish it was me !!!

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Lucy T
DirezioneGardenSiena, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Garden, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2016

Dear Lucy T,

I sincerely thank you for your recent stay with us at the Garden in Siena, carefully reading your review I see that all aspects and services of our hotels have been appreciated by you, except for a few situations regarding the breadth and detail of the room to the breakfast, we would like to clarify that we always do the best in terms of service, facilities and cleanliness, I know that our hotel is not of the latest generation and does not compete with luxury hotels and modern design, we have not even a real interest. We really like at the Garden employ people who love this job and they do it with pleasure and joy every day, welcome people during their stay in Siena is for us a real mission.

I would have obviously preferred a puntyeggio of at least 4 instead of 3 .....

We look forward to another stay in Siena
Gianluigi Rubbioli & the Staff

Reviewed July 24, 2016

Initially given what must have been the worst room in a dreadful annex called Casa Blanca, though upgraded by paying a supplement direct to the hotel for a better one in the main hotel. Our room had a wall of trees immediately outside it so no view at all. Citalia really do need to watch which rooms are allocated to avoid their guests being rolled over. The second room was better. Breakfast was a bun fight. One really does wonder how a country growing so many fresh oranges has to end up serving orange squash for breakfast. Decidedly unimpressed. As for the gardens... Web site much better than the reality.

Room Tip: Don't be fobbed off by any other than in the main hotel
1  Thank Robin J
DirezioneGardenSiena, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Garden, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2016

Dear Robin J,

Every opinion is very important for us and helps to continuously improve our services, but I think you after receiving information from Citalia (agency that we work with from years) could also have an interest in the quality of his holiday, and maybe send us one e-mail for the confirmation or to recieve more informations about. Our Booking office is open 24h on 24h seven days a week.
The rooms in the annexe casabianca are obviously simple than the superiors or Villa Belvedere but are also sold to guest at a lower price, so if you had to pay for a room upgrade was definitely the proposed also by the agency during the booking process.

I'm sorry I have not found our hotel worthy of its expectations,
Greetings from Siena