“So modern it needs instructions”

Hotel Siena degli Ulivi
Ranked #26 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed as a single in this hotel on the Cosmos' "Splendors of Italy" tour. Very modern, very clean. But I had never stayed in a hotel where the corridor lights were motion sensitive, so when I and a couple of others got off the elevator, we stepped into darkness. It took us dancing around a bit before the lights came on. Then we got lost, and if I stopped to look at a map of the hotel floor plan, because I was still, the lights went off again. Finally found my room, opened the door, pushed buttons to turn on the lights, stepped into the room, and all the lights went out! In pitch blackness I fumbled back to the door, and only because I am BRILLIANT did I find a card holder in the wall and figure out my key card had to remain in that slot in order for the lights to stay on. Of course, when you left the room and took your key card with you, all the lights would go off. But, I had never been in such a hotel. Once I figured out how things worked, the bed was huge, clean and comfortable, and I had a nicely appointed bathroom. One tip re: this and all hotels in Italy--No tissues provided in the bathrooms and no wash clothes, either. Bring wash cloths you can discard every time you leave a hotel and a big old box of Kleenex. As for the big, tour group breakfast, it was fine, but if you didn't get there early, food was picked over pretty fast. Still, great coffee and tarts or croissants.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 6, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Dwoodsie
Reviewed October 1, 2012

last August we went to Siena for 3 days, the hotel was very comfortable , the place lovely and all around very nice...lots of people taking photos of the artistic monuments...the weather was good and we ate fantastic food in the centre.Piazza del Campo is really gorgeous.Many many tourists...the Dome is wonderful... We had already seen it, but it is worth ....
Tuscany is really beautiful, we visited also Rapolano terme and had a very relaxing day sunbathing and in the waters.....
Simply fantastic
I'd like to come back again, with my husband.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marinaci
Reviewed September 28, 2012

An enjoyable stay, staff friendly and very helpfull. The hotel was quiet whilst we were there but suited us. The location is good, taxi cost 10 euros to central sienna. We will certainly recommend and will have no hesitation staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Mshurmer
Reviewed September 19, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel is Very good located but the problem is the service. They do not attemd Guest well and when asked about something the Answer is altas rude. I am a Guest now and imagine that i asked the reception to call a restaurant just to change a reservation i made (because i could not do it from my room) and they asked me to came to reception and do it by myself. Today september 18 they turned off the hotel Air conditioning and said that it will be turned on again only on march....Is This a really 4 star hotel ? i cannot believe it. I will never be here again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel lacked atmosphere and warmth. While there was nothing really wrong with this hotel there was nothing really good either. It is a short taxi ride to the centre of Siena. The room was okay and breakfast was okay the staff was okay buts that's about it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple