“Mercure Siena”

Hotel Siena degli Ulivi
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Siena

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed October 1, 2012

last August we went to Siena for 3 days, the hotel was very comfortable , the place lovely and all around very nice...lots of people taking photos of the artistic monuments...the weather was good and we ate fantastic food in the centre.Piazza del Campo is really gorgeous.Many many tourists...the Dome is wonderful... We had already seen it, but it is worth ....
Tuscany is really beautiful, we visited also Rapolano terme and had a very relaxing day sunbathing and in the waters.....
Simply fantastic
I'd like to come back again, with my husband.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marinaci
Reviewed September 28, 2012

An enjoyable stay, staff friendly and very helpfull. The hotel was quiet whilst we were there but suited us. The location is good, taxi cost 10 euros to central sienna. We will certainly recommend and will have no hesitation staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Mshurmer
Reviewed September 19, 2012

The hotel is Very good located but the problem is the service. They do not attemd Guest well and when asked about something the Answer is altas rude. I am a Guest now and imagine that i asked the reception to call a restaurant just to change a reservation i made (because i could not do it from my room) and they asked me to came to reception and do it by myself. Today september 18 they turned off the hotel Air conditioning and said that it will be turned on again only on march....Is This a really 4 star hotel ? i cannot believe it. I will never be here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Siena hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel lacked atmosphere and warmth. While there was nothing really wrong with this hotel there was nothing really good either. It is a short taxi ride to the centre of Siena. The room was okay and breakfast was okay the staff was okay buts that's about it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 12, 2012

While travelling through Italy, my travelling companion had a seizure and spent several days in hospital. After a dramatic ambulance trip and a few hours at the ER of the Siena University Hospital, I walked in a daze down the street to the hotel I had seen in a blur a few hours previously in the ambulance.

"My friend has just gone into hospital and I have no idea how long he'll be in there for," I said, nothing more than a piteous sweat stain from the Tuscan heat. "Please tell me you have a room."

"We do," replied the efficient desk clerk. "And we have a distress rate."

For that alone, I am grateful to this hotel! They helped get set up with internet so I could rearrange flights and hotels later in our itinerary. It's a great hotel if you happen to be stuck at the hospital for a few days. Otherwise, the clientele seemed to be business travellers and tour groups. It is a bit far out of the centre if you want to be immersed in the glory of Siena; however, there are frequent buses travelling into the old city. The breakfast buffet is not overly generous but more than adequate; most people should be able to find something to get them going for the day, whatever their dietary requirements.

Overall, I am just grateful to have had this hotel so close at hand and accommodating as I extended my stay at a moment's notice.

Room Tip: Even though I had a room right by the elevator, I was not bothered by the noise.