“Great food, great setting!”

Ristorante Alla Speranza
Reserve with
Ristorante Alla Speranza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #332 of 548 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were not expecting the food to be good at this restaurant, having found that in Italy, the closer you are to the beautiful views, the worse the food is. Also, restaurants luring in the tourists tended to be sub par. However, this was not the case here! The food was simple, delicious, and not super expensive! We all had very hearty "peasant" food and none of it disappointed. Although it was a hot evening in August, I had the bread soup and it was just delicious! Full of veggies and chunks of bread. One of our companions had a bowl of white beans in a tomato sauce that I'm still having plate envy about. I wish I had the recipe. The views of the campo were stunning and overall, we could not have asked for a better place to spend our last night in Siena. Go for the house wine-as always in Italy! We never had expensive wine and we never had bad wine!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We thoroughly expected a subpar meal when we sat down to dinner here. The reason??? Well, generally in Italy we found that the primo spots for views/ atmosphere etc...think Piazza Navona...have lousy food. Not so at the Ristorante Alla Speranza. We enjoyed dining al fresco in the middle of the campo on a beautiful night. The wine was good as were our meals. Two members of our party ordered the oso buco, and raved about it. I was so enamored by the view of the campo, that I don't remember what I ate although I remember that I enjoyed it. This is a great spot to enjoy Siena.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Perfect place to enjoy the view and eat at the same time. Very friendly staff!! Food was great and not that expensive for a touristic place.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I don't agree with all the negative reviews. We ate here with a group of about 50 people and everyone in our group was very satisfied with our meal. The service was a little slow due to the large crowd, but not that bad. We ate in the lower area that was like being in a cave which added to the enjoyment. I would eat here again.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We usually bypass the obvious spots for fear that the food will be overpriced and bad. But opting for a seat on the Campo, we had lunch at Alla Speranza, and it turned out to be a good choice. My salad of sun-dried tomatoes and arugula with balsamic vinegar was more original than most insalatas and was delicious. My vegetarian pizza was fabulous -- great crust.

During a busy June day, the owner/manager seated us immediately under the umbrellas with a very welcoming demeanor, and our service was prompt and attentive.