“Home away from home”

Ranked #65 of 120 Siena B&B and Inns
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Home away from home”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

What a beautiful tidy BNB. I loved it. Everything was clean, greeted by friendly people and I felt relaxed.

I stayed in the place separated from the main villa that had 3 double rooms in it plus a kitchen and bathroom. Looks newly renovated and exceptional. Couldn't have asked for anything better and it was so cheap too

Thanks guys

Room Tip: Separate lodging from main villa.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Amersfoort
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Casa di Osio was fully booked, so we were replaced to Casa Alfredo.
Shared bathroom was very small, but clean. Bedroom ok, but close to bathroom.
Breakfast was good (given the Italian standard).
Kitchen available to cook your own meals.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The private room my friend and i stayed in was just lovely, the ceiling was beautiful!! We arrived late as we missed our bus and Alredo who works there was so kind and stayed to welcome us. He then went out of his way to drive us to the hospital the following morning as my friend was unwell. He was just the nicest guy ever. The breakfast was ever so cute...and on the whole we had such a lovely experience there and extended an additional night. Really good location outside porta camollia and easy to get to from the bus station...and if ur heading to florence after, the bus stop is 5 mins away!!! Thank you Alfredo!!! : )

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Lancashire
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Spent two weeks travelling across Italy and had a one night stop here.

So negatives- charged for use of the kitchen and washer a few euros but we didn't make use of it.

The room was large and airy with a TV and great view over the hills. It was very clean and the bedding smelt really nice. The bathroom was shared but was clean and tidy. The breakfast was served upstairs was the best breakfast we had the whole trip, sausages, omelette, grilled tomatoes and cheese, bread jams and melon with coffee and juice.

Quite close to the centre and would stay there again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lib F
Kusadasi, Turkey
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I and my friend were student in Italy.Siena was one of my favoruite city. We stayed just one night and continued our trip. Casa di Alfredo had perfect location, so near to the city center and train station maximum ten minutes by foot. Breakfast was really good. If I go to Siena again it would be my choice.Highly recommended and we thank you very much for your interest. You were so friendly. Hope to see you next time.

Room Tip: The room at first floor is big enough.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I would have given this place a very good review. It has nice rooms at decent prices, a very good breakfast, free internet, etc. Everything was good. It was only that I found the owner lady not to be so polite. May be others would differ. I had to catch a train around 2pm and hence had to pick my luggage (I had checked out in the norning) at about 1.30pm. But when asked for, I was quitely bluntly said noting can be done between 12-2 (probably because it was siesta time). I know siesta is quite a serious thing in many parts of Italy, but the way of communicating that could have been better.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hannover, Deutschland
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed there for two nights with my wife and found this place highly convenient. Set in two former flats of a nice villa with a spacious staircase, this B&B convinces through its clean rooms, its ready-to-use guest kitchen (which cost us an extra €2 per day, though - we would have liked to know that before!), the nice and helpful sisters owning this place (who only speak basic English but do everything in their power to solve your problems), AND THE AWESOME BREAKFAST. There isn't much missing on the table, and they keep on refilling fried sliced sausages, fried eggs, bread, cake, prosciutto, cheese... until you are satisfied or until the end of breakfast time, i.e. 9am - whatever comes first.

From the B&B it is a 15 minutes walk to the city center with the main tourist attractions during which you can get a nice impression of what makes Siena so beautiful: the narrow alleys and the little squares with historical churches or buildings.

WiFi was stable once I got the password right, and was free of charge.

The bathroom, however, was a bit narrow and in case you do not understand how to use the folding shower cabin, you wet the whole room. Also, we stayed there during some rainy days, and the room got quite cold in the evenings.

Considering that this is "only" a B&B, we found the price not too cheap, especially due to the extra fee for the use of the kitchen. In the hotel at which we stayed the night after that, we paid only slightly more and enjoyed the full convenience of a hotel.

But in the end, it was still somewhat okay.

• Stayed October 2012