“Quiet and pleasant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Really good organic foods, wide choice on the menù and great sevice. The restraunt is located in an area not so much haunted by tourists. So it gives the oppurtunity to see a not well known part of Siena.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My loved one and I had both the honor of meeting Matteo and his mom Antonietta last night and the good fortune to dine at this little gem of a restaurant. It's a little off the beaten path of the tourist restaurants but so worth the walk. Upon being seated Matteo quickly brought over some Prosecco and we started to talk. He told us that his mom makes the artesian breads, the pastas and most of the other foods they offer by hand and that she works 16 hours a day to do so. Then he told us that they do what they do because they love to cook and that they are very thankful for each customer that enters their establishment. We were invited into the kitchen where his mom was making pappardelle by hand. She was so amiable that she, Matteo and I posed for a picture displaying the fresh pasta. On to the food, we had the antipasto fantasia which is prepared differently each time it is made, the assortment of little treasures there was an epicurean delight. Then my loved one had chicken breast prepared with herbs and i could just taste that wonderful flavor from across the table. I had the pici (a local variety of pasta) with zucchini and wild boar, it was heavenly. Along with our scrumptuous desert Matteo brought over two glasses of vin santo. Our tab for 1 antipasto,2 glasses of local wine, 2 entrees, double expresso, cafe americano and desert was 48 euros, unbelievable! We shook hands a did the double hug and air kiss thing Italians do and as we were leaving a waiter that had not served us jogged over to shake our hands. You cannot buy this kind of love, it has to come from the heart. God bless you Matteo and Antonietta you have given me the best restaurant experience of my somewhat lengthy life. Need I say more folks.

1  Thank Pompero F
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This place was a short walk out of the main part of town and was fairly unassuming from the outside. We were seated at a table outside under a canopy in case of bad weather.

The service was very good with the waiters being both fast and attentive. My wife had the parpadelle ai funghi which was very tasty with perfectly cooked home made pasta. I also had parpadelle with a tomato and chilli sauce which was also delicious and cooked to perfection. This option wasn't on the menu but they were happy to mix the pasta and sauces.

The kids shared a buffalo margherita pizza and the sauce/topping was delicious and with a thin and cripsy base. The base was nice although not the best we have had in Italy as it was a tiny bit dry but the topping was really delicious.

This was a really delicious meal at an extremely reasonable price, which we all totally enjoyed so a big thumbs up from us.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Matteo and his cute little mother run a little gem across from Hotel Minerva. They are charming and the food delicious. They have a decent wine list too.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

we ate here Sept 13 and everything about it was perfect. the pasta, the meat, wine- if i could go back tonight and again tommorrow I would!!!