We had the pleasure of staying at this lovely hotel in Siena last summer July '01. Everything was just wonderful. The rooms were very comfortable and nicely decorated. The food was just delicious. Excellent breakfast buffet and dinner menus. The grounds was also superb. My husband and I spent a lot of time reading under the magnolia tree in the garden. The outdoor area was so fragrant with scents from the orange and lemon plants to the Magnolia tree. You could hike up to the chapel with a vista of the vinyards and attend a Catholic mass in the Church located in the hotel. It is really a special place. I would highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Tuscany, 1 Km from Siena immersed in an uncontaminated countryside you find a XIV century Carthusian monastery, La Certosa di Maggiano turned into a Relais et Chateaux Hotel in 1978. An enchanting place, a light and natural luxury masterfully interpreted by the famous architect and interior designer, Renzo Mongiardino. A clear architecture with interiors rich in history dressed with impalpable silks and ornamental paintings & skillfully integrated within the natural and cultural environment. In line with this life born for silence and prayer, la Certosa di Maggiano offers today a set of services and activities aimed to improve your overall state of physical and spiritual wellness. A state of mind so well interpreted by the restaurant "Il Canto" and its Chef Paolo Lopriore, whose cuisine is another multi-sensorial journey which perfectly match our quest for life style, beauty & nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Certosa di Maggiano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Certosa Di Maggiano Hotel Siena
- Certosa Di Maggiano Siena