My beloved, Cathee N, and I stayed at the Certosa for 3 nights.
Our trip to Paris and Italy, over two weeks, had a highlight, and it was
staying here. The staff was just wonderful, every single person was helpful and kind. Our meal in the small dining room was formal; I was glad I had a suit, the food as simple and exquisite. The hotel's public spaces just seem to go on and on, lovely rooms with surprising and charming ammenities. The gorunds are sumptious and yet somehow very low-key. Because there are only 17 rooms, we were hardly aware of other guests. We were very sad to leave, and look forward to returning. This was a "peak experience" of the hotel type!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Tuscany, 1 Km from Siena immersed in an uncontaminated countryside you find a XIV century Carthusian monastery, La Certosa di Maggiano turned into a Relais et Chateaux Hotel in 1978. An enchanting place, a light and natural luxury masterfully interpreted by the famous architect and interior designer, Renzo Mongiardino. A clear architecture with interiors rich in history dressed with impalpable silks and ornamental paintings & skillfully integrated within the natural and cultural environment. In line with this life born for silence and prayer, la Certosa di Maggiano offers today a set of services and activities aimed to improve your overall state of physical and spiritual wellness. A state of mind so well interpreted by the restaurant "Il Canto" and its Chef Paolo Lopriore, whose cuisine is another multi-sensorial journey which perfectly match our quest for life style, beauty & nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Hotel Certosa di Maggiano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Certosa Di Maggiano Hotel Siena
- Certosa Di Maggiano Siena