“Star rating”
Review of Hotel Duomo

Hotel Duomo
Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Siena
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The Duomo could not be better placed, in the centre of the city. The views from my room were outstanding, and when you step out into the street you are right at the heart of things. The staff are also excellent: very helpful and knowledgeable. The hotel itself is also intriguing: based on an ancient medieval private house, of which traces remain. I was there during a cold March, and the bed could get a bit cold at night but the main rooms are all kept nice and warm. Would recommend it to anyone as a comfortable no frills hotel. About my only quibble was the rather unappetising breakfast choices, but that is not much to complain about!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jezzagunner
Write a ReviewReviews (1,232)

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Hotel Duomo in Siena. The location was very convenient and the room was huge! It was the largest room we had during our 2 1/2 week vacation in Europe, so we really appreciated that we could spread out a bit. The staff was very helpful in giving us maps and explaining (in English) where everything was, as well as suggesting the attractions that we should not miss. They were very friendly, they even helped us with our luggage. Would recommend to anyone staying in Siena!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel was by far the BEST hotel I stayed in whilst my two weeks around Italy. Firstly, I did not check out a map to see how far away it was from either the bus stop or the train station and mistakenly decided to walk it - Not the best idea! I definitely recommend getting a Taxi!
But once I found the place, the tiresome 40 minute walk seemed worth it.
I was greeted by a very friendly employee who checked me in and offered to take my suitcase as I was on the very top level and there were a few stairs. As he was leaving the room he said 'Make sure you open your window, I think you will love what you see'. So the second he shut the door I did just that. And my gosh it actually made me a little teary at how exceptionally beautiful it was. Looking out amongst the roof tops of this magnificent tuscan village - and of course a wonderful view of the Duomo. It was everything I had pictured Tuscany to be like and more.
The room itself was fresh and cute. White wicker bed, desk chair and a cute little bathroom. The bed was comfy and a good size for a single room. I wanted another pillow and the same man that helped me ran me up one and was very happy to see how much I loved the view.
I only stayed for the one night but it is the most memorable hotel experience of my entire trip. Everyone there spoke english, were very knowledgable about the village and made good recommendations. They helped me with my suitcase again on departure and as I had a few hours to kill between check out and my train, they let me hang out upstairs on the couch and came and got me when my cab had arrived.
There is another perfect little gem about this place. If you don't get the magnificent view that I got, head up towards the top level and there is an outside area with tables and chairs that looks out above the houses, at the duomo and the best part - 180 degree views of the hills of Tuscany! This would be perfect in Summer.
All in all, if you are going to Siena (And I definitely think you should) stay here! You will not be disappointed. Close to the main circle and of course the Duomo - hopefully you will love it as much as I did!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank sezziii92
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Proprio in centro storico, facile a trovare (segui segni) e una caldissimo benventuo Sienese al reception - molto disponibile di andare il extra mile e con consigli buoni. Colazione con tanta scelta e paste stupendi, con servizio amichevole e sorridente. Camera molto pulita con vista stupendo. Bagno un po vecchio pero. In generale, era una stupendo esperienza, e una bellissima soggiorno/Located right in the centre, easy to find (follow the signs) for a warm Sienese welcome at Reception - very happy to go the extra mile, and gave good advice. Breakfast offers wide choice, with superb pastries and friendly, smiling service. The room was spotless with a great view. (Bathroom a bit old though). Generally, a great experience, and lovely stay.

Room Tip: Provi il roof garden - una panaramica stupendo/go up to the roof garden - great view
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I had a very nice stay at the hotel, staff were very very friendly. The place is 5 minutes or less walk to the center. The breakfast could have included better variety of food such as eggs. in General what I liked most is the staff was really very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hotel Duomo was very average. It was clean; breakfast was average; location was o.k., comfort was o.k.; front desk staff nice. Personally, I would look for a different, more upscale hotel for my next visit to Siena.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maddydog
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Had an amazing time at Hotel Duomo. It's simple layout is effective for a stress free stay. The interior hasn't changed much in 500 years and is in keeping with the medieval yet perfect restoration of the city of Siena.
Breakfast is simple and there is no restaurant, however, the location is perfect and situated in the centre of the city means all restaurants and sites are within walking distance. The concierge was its greatest asset as he was incredibly friendly, very knowledgeable and amazingly helpful. Even the most minor of queries resulted in the concierge immediately researching all related options. For example, a query as to when Siena FC were playing next resulted in him searching for all football related fixtures nearby.
A wonderful stay.
Cautions: no hotel restaurant (there are enough nearby); breakfast is cold, but filling; rooms were standard but very well maintained

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple