“nice place”

$66.88*
Full Day Tuscan Countryside Tour from Florence
Ranked #1 of 150 things to do in Siena
More attraction details
Owner description: Siena's main square is the site of the famous Palio horse races that take place in July and August.
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The Piazza is nice but I have seen a lot better. There are lots of restaurants and street vendors. The buildings are the color of siena. didnt spend too much time here. Had lunch took some pictures, bought a few trinkets and left. One should check it out if you are in siena. I found more interesting things on my way to the Piazza so it is nice to walk around outside on the back streets.

2  Thank World-wander-woman
There are newer reviews for Piazza del Campo

Reviewed January 13, 2013

But I can imagine Siena would be so, so crowded. The end of September is a great time to sit (most unusual thing to do in most piazza's) with all the other people locals and tourist and just take in in.

1  Thank cleome123
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Tip 1: There was really nothing much to do in the Piazza except taking a few pictures and having a cuppa at one of the cafes.

Tip 2: This is the filming location in James Bond film's Casino Royale. I am sure everyone came here to take pictures and leave within 30 minutes.

Tip 3: You have to pay to climb up the giotto. We didn't do it because we couldnt see a point of doing that.

Tip 4: I wouldnt visit this site again because there is nothing much around except people watching.
If you think my reviews have been helpful to you, please click 'Yes' for 'Was this review helpful?'

4  Thank TravelQueenie365
Reviewed January 10, 2013

It is the heart of the city and a great place to people watch either on the street or from one of the many outside restaurant tables.

1  Thank Sparklz
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We ventured here twice during our one night visit to Siena. We came once during the day, and once at night for dinner. Yes, the restaurants in the Piazza are more expensive, but we figured why not. It was charming and I thought the shape of the Piazza was very unique. It was very clean, and everyone was content to sit on the ground and eat gelato or people-watch (we did both!). Definitely check out this Piazza during your trip to Siena.

1  Thank Sarah D