“What a view!”

and up
Classic Siena Walking Tour
Ranked #5 of 144 things to do in Siena
More attraction details
Owner description: The tower, more than 290 feet high, was constructed in 1325 by Minuccio and Francesco di Rinaldo, and has the Chapel of the Piazza at its base..
Denver, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“What a view!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We liked that it was not very crowded at a Tuesday at 10:00 AM. Unlike other hot spots throughout Italy. The 360 views are breathtaking to say the least. A good way to earn your next pasta meal.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Siggiewi, Malta
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“10 minutes, ask those that descend how much further”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

What a great tower, great views and a good keep fit exercise. I think I have said all that needs saying

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best view of Siena”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

The climb was pretty exhausting but it was well worth it. This is the best view of Siena and it's beautiful. It's not that expansive either, if I remember right.

North Bay, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Well worth the price and climb”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

This was a spur of the moment activity and one that we thoroughly enjoyed. The climb is a bit tight and you will get to know you fellow climbers- it's it cozy! The views are magnificent. Fun at the top when the bell rings.

Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“More their laws than your rights”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

First, we came across a grumpy cashier that did not know how she should call "the place where you have to put your bags", since you can't take up anything, only your camera. I tried storage, locker, drop off point, she did not know any of these terms.
Near the locker was another grumpy attendand that rushed us up.
The stairs are very, very, very narrow, they don't bother to organize traffic up or down(in cities like Paris or Geneva or Bern they have two stairs - one up, one down or if it is not possible, they have traffic lights with motion sensors near rest areas so you can safely go up or down. However, in Siena, there are no rest areas.
Also, there are lots of places with low ceiling WITH NO MARKINGS! I hit my head on one of those. I don't know about Italy, but in our country they would be disobeying a law and for that headbump I could sue them and win and get a HUGE compensation for that! Just imagine someone hit their head if it knocked him out, there is no way how you could carry him down those narrow stairs. I got a little dizzy, but let it go, because I did not want to spend my day in some hospital and police station.
At least they did not rush us down from the top(only 15 minutes on he top is allowed), because I would sue them.
And off course, it is overpriced and the only student ticket reduction is for a museum no one wants to visit, not for the tower. At least they did not force us to buy a combined ticket.

4 Thank Michal K