We decided to go this charming little B&B after having read all the nice reviews on TA. The problem was just that our experience didn't really reflect the nice reviews we saw. The attached pictures can only testify.
First the positives: Nice location, nice people ...
But this does not make for inconveniences as we had much better quality for less at Florence and Pisa. Here are couple of points explaining our disappointment:
- First surprise we had to bring up our suitcases 68 steps, not mentioned on the web site.
- We were met by a non-trained teenager who had to prepare breakfast for us the first day. Her mother took over the next two days.
- Kitchen hygiene was intolerably low as the first night piles of dirty dishes waited next day to be cleaned. The fridge was dirty and food was lying unprotected and uncovered (some of which we were supposed to have for breakfast the next day!). The whole was piled up in a disorganized way.
- The room and the equipment were less than minimalist. Too bad that we had the old fashion noisy fan instead of air conditioning (we had pretty hot days, 35 degrees and more!)
- Not enough hot water: You start your shower with warm and you end up with cold water. The next person has to wait 30 to 45 minutes before to shower. Very frustrating!!
To be honest, we didn't really know how to take the difference in service and quality to what we read in TA. We were deeply disappointed and this is honestly the first time we get it "wrong" when relying on TA.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your B&B Paradiso no 4 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.