“Best meal in Siena... And I helped make it!”

Scuola di Cucina di Lella
Tuscan Cooking Class in Central Siena
Ranked #19 of 143 things to do in Siena
new jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best meal in Siena... And I helped make it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband, 2 friends and I decided a cooking class would be an interesting, different kind of evening out... And it ended up being our favorite night in Siena!! We looked into a few schools and hers was by far the most reasonably priced. To be honest, she could charge more... We were there nearly 5 hours, learned to make a 5 course meal (with vegetarian options which was great for me!), ate and drank well, and were entertained by Lella and her translator. I'd do this again in a heartbeat and can't wait to try out the recipes (including my very own hand made pasta) for family and friends! Thanks, Lella!

4 Thank eda76

murtaghrobert
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing Tuscan Cooking Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

We arrived in Siena without knowing much about the area. As part of our experience we wanted to take a cooking class and this was definitely the best one to find. Lella has a huge industrial kitchen with lots of space to learn and cook. We were two people in a group of about ten people. Each person had their own preparation space for making pasta and preparing other food for sauce and dessert. The best part of the class was the hands on experience with an Italian teacher Lella. As part of the class Lella provides recipes to take home so you can repeat the experience in your own kitchen. The hands on experience you get definitely allows you to cook at home and impress your friends. Overall, I thought the prices was very reasonable considering how much things cost for Americans in Europe with the exchange rate. We will definitely go back next time were in Siena to learn more about Tuscany cooking.

Website: http://www.scuoladicucinadilella.net/

Visited May 2011
4 Thank murtaghrobert
Richmond, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great introduction to Tuscan cooking!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

Last week we attended a clooking class that lasted close to 4 hours. We watched, listened, and then prepared the food. The finished product was amazing. Lella was very charming and provided great insight into preparing Tuscan food. A truly amazing experience! Highly recommend!

Visited June 2011