“Great food, terrible service”

Zest Ristorante & Winebar
Reserve with
Zest Ristorante & Winebar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 521 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, European, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food, terrible service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Just came back from dinner here with my sister. I'll start off by saying the food was good, we had good calamari and i had a good steak. The tiramisu was excellent. But the service was dreadful! Everyone around us was getting served politely but we got really bad attitude from the two women working.
When we wanted dessert we literally had to yell across the restaurant for her to approach us. She rolled her eyes when she had to walk up to our table to hear us, which was extremely rude of her.
And then after dessert we waited over half an hour for them to come and clear the plates, but the staff never approached us, so we gave up and walked up to the counter to fix the bill up.
We probably could of just walked away and the women wouldn't of noticed, it was ridiculous! I have never had such bad service in my life.
I wish we went across the street because those waiters actually looked like they were interested in their customers.
I wish i could write a positive review about this place, because the food was good, but the service has left a bad taste in my mouth unfortunately.

Visited July 2014
zestwinebar1, Manager at Zest Ristorante & Winebar, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
It was disappointing to read your review as we try hard to ensure the staff work efficiently and provide the best service possible on every occasion. They have been informed of this incident and reprimanded, though neither seem to recall who you were. I apologize that this incident ruined what could have been a lovely dinner. I agree that it is the whole package that makes for a great dining experience, not just the food.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Ignore the naff name - this restaurant does really delicious food away from the tourist drag on a scenic side street with outside tables.

• Visited July 2014
Boise, Idaho
“Need 6 stars to rate our experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Favorite meal I had during a 3 week tour of Italy. We arrived just as the sun was setting and got an outdoor table with a view of Il Duomo. The tables are set on a steep street where there is no possibility of the table in front of you blocking your view. The view alone as the sunlight dimmed and the lights came on was worth the price of dinner. We enjoyed watching the foot traffic, as there is apparently a popular pizza joint through the alleyway where we sat... lots of pizza boxes going by!

The important part. Enjoyed a bottle of wine and the bread service as we waited for dinner (our order taken by a great waitress who spoke very good English and helped us through our limited Italian understanding of the menu...). We had caprese as an appetizer, then carbonera primo and pork roast in a brunello reduction sauce for main course. WOW!!!! Limoncello to top off the evening and a walk through the darkened and pretty much deserted streets of Siena. I would highly recommend this restaurant out of all that we tried in Siena.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank GoBSUBroncos
Lafayette, California
“Memorable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I was in Siena for a week and tried this restaurant towards the end of my stay, which was unfortunate because it meant that I only had time for one more dinner at this delightful stop. If I had known about it sooner, I might have had all my meals there. Great food, prepared with care. The service was friendly and helpful. A very welcoming experience. As others have noted, the outside seating is limited, so make a reservation. I will return.

• Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

After 6 weeks travelling around France and Italy this was the only restaurant that we ate at twice because the wine, food and service was absolutely perfect. As outside seating is limited make sure you make a reservation. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013