“Experience Tuscany like a local”

Tuscan Escapes - Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$33.26*
and up
Skip the Line: Siena Duomo and City Walking Tour
Ranked #5 of 25 Food & Drink in Siena
More attraction details
Owner description: Tuscan Escapes ia a qualified and experienced tour operator in Siena. Our philosophy is to help you discover the Tuscany that best suits your interests and desires through careful planning, support and attention to detail. Our aim is to guide you through this charming region and help to experience the love of “little things in life” that decorate our every day.
Baltimore
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Experience Tuscany like a local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

My wife did all the research and picked Tuscan Escapes for our tour of the Brunello wine region. Milo picked us up in the small town we were staying. As it was a bit early to start drinking, we drove through the cretasenese and he gave us the history and pointed out the sites. We stopped off in a very small town for an espresso, a short walk and a view of Montalcino from a hill in the distance. We then explored Montalcino after another short walk outside the city walls before visiting our first winery. We started at San Polino, an organic winery in Montalcino. We were immediately welcomed by Katie and her dogs. She walked us through the vineyard explaining the whole grape growing process before heading down into the winery to continue the wine making discussion. We then sat out at a picnic table under a tree overlooking the valley and sampled the Rosso and Brunello di Montalcino wines. Katie brought out Bruschetta while we discussed everything from life in Italy to health care and politics sipping on delicious wine. Milo was friendly and knowledgeable and great to spend time with. Next, off we went to a second winery where we were served a fantastic lunch in the dining room by the owner's wife and mother while we ate with Milo and the daughter who does marketing for the winery. Later we went to an abbey to hear the monks chant prior to visiting another town and our final winery tasting. Milo was a great host and introduced us to nice people. What a perfect day! Who wants to be driving after all that wine anyway. Thank you Tuscan Escapes!

• Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Highlight of the trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

Our tour of Chianti with Milo was a highlight of our trip to Italy! We had only 6 people on our tour and Milo brought us to three wonderful wineries. One of the originally scheduled wineries fell through during the day and Milo was able to find another very quickly and there was no determent to our experience. We also had an amazing lunch at Monte Chiaro estate and saw much of the beautiful countryside from Milo's van. This was truly a personal experience we could not have gotten on a larger tour or on our own and is one of our favorite memories from the whole trip. Well worth the price!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank kelso418
Orlando, Florida
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 136 helpful votes
“Great guides in wonderful places make for great memories”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family of 4 enlisted Tuscan Escapes for half day tours on separate days to learn about Florence and Siena. The first tour was provided by Elisabetta, a very smart and sweet guide who, in a rather short window of time, delivered the high points of Florence to us with insider tips to make the most of our time in the area. Our second tour was provided by Silvia, who I believe is one of the owners of the company. She, like Elisabetta, was extremely friendly and knowledgeable and really wowed us with the tour of Siena. I found Florence to be a bit like a smaller version of Rome, which we absolutely loved, but overall my family really enjoyed Siena. Siena has some of the characteristic features of Florence and Rome but on a smaller, less crowded, level. The tours of both places were inspiring and we can't wait to come back to stay longer. When we do, we will definitely call Tuscan Tours.

Visited July 2012
Leawood, Kansas
“Highlight of our Italy trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

My cousin and I traveled together for a 'Girlfriends' Trip to Italy' in June 2012. We decided to make a reservation for the 'Sunset Tour-Chianti and San Gimignano' offered by Tuscan Escapes. We are so glad that we did. We agreed that this tour with Milo was the absolute highlight of our vacation in Italy! We can not praise Milo highly enough. It was as if we were spending the afternoon and evening with a friend, as he was such a kind and gracious host. Everything about this tour was fantastic. We enjoyed the interesting wine tour/tasting at beautiful Villa Trasqua. San Gimignano was utterly charming! (We wished that we could have spent more time there.) Our dinner served on the terrace at Fattoria Poggio Altoro (the organic farm) was outstanding. Seeing the view of San Gimignano in the distance was so beautiful that it seemed as if I was viewing 'heaven on earth'! Now, my husband and I are enjoying the wine that I purchased and had shipped from Villa Trasqua. I can't imagine a better souvenir purchase! My husband and I always enjoy taking vacations to Italy. I look forward to our future trip to Italy and, next time around, having my husband share in the enjoyment of a wonderful tour with Milo/Tuscan Escapes. I highly recommend a tour with Tuscan Escapes!
Traveler from Leawood, Kansas

Visited June 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“The best guides in Siena!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I booked a one-day tour of Volterra and San Gimignano and because I happened to be the only guest that day, my booking almost did not get accepted. Thankfully, Tuscan Escapes did because that day ended up being one of the absolute best days on my trip thanks to Milo!

I got a personal tour of the Tuscan countryside by the very knowledgeable Milo, whom you can tell loves his job in the tourism industry. He is bright, energetic, and knows a lot about the area and is fun to converse with (which was good since I was the only one on the tour that day!).

He was a great sport when I asked if we could bypass the Alabaster tour and go for a short hike to see the cliffs (balze) outside of Volterra. Neither of us were dressed properly, but he energetically took me on a short hike to see what I had hoped to see, and it couldn't have been more perfect.

The lunch was amazing (I am still dreaming about it) where we dined at a farmhouse just outside San Gimignano. There was a fresh assortment of dishes grown and prepared on the farm and it could not have been more amazing. Oh, if I could only have that meal again!

I cannot speak highly enough about Tuscan Escapes or Milo and highly suggest any of their six great tours if you are in the Siena area and have a day to escape to the countryside.

Visited July 2012