“Food was so delicious!”
Review of Osteria La Mossa

Osteria La Mossa
Reserve with
Osteria La Mossa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 531 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Seoul, South Korea
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food was so delicious!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I found here by trip-advisor. We ordered three different foods. And all of them was perfect. Also very quickly served. You will never gonna fail even if you choose anything.

1 Thank Tokyo_kim

• Thai first
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Disappointing, very disappointing!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We had read a couple of reviews for this place and though we would give it a try. It was quite a cool evening, and as I was not quite well, we asked if we could be seated inside. The lady at the counter was quite upset and stated that it was outside dining only. Later we noticed that several tables were moved inside for other patrons.
Besides that, We ordered our pasta dishes, both of which were unremarkable. My Pici with cheese and pepper was very disappointing, not at all peppery. my husband had the ravioli which he said was acceptable. Wine was reasonably priced.
I have never written a poor review for Trip Advisor. My belief that if you can't say something nice, try to say nothing at all. On this occasion however, I felt compelled to say that I cannot recommend this establishment at all. So much competition around the Piazza....La Mossa you need to lift your game!

• Visited May 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Easy, warm and reasonable”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I kept eyeing this place from cocktail hour on the campo. On the third night we decided to give it a go. I have to say that this place is a breath of fresh air. Our waiter was fantastic. The wine list is well priced. You really don't feel like a tourist here. We were sandwiched between two local families and really enjoyed the atmosphere. Pizza and pasta are very simple yet very good. Simple well priced food in a very special location.

Ireland
“Food good but service cold”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We had a nice antipasto of pecorino on toasted bread. The girl who was serving us was not very friendly or even nice. Our pasta dishes were very tasty my husband had the ravioli with ragu and I had the pici with garlic and tomatoes, which we both enjoyed. It was just unfortunate that our server was so indifferent, the other lady was friendly but busy with a large 40th party most of the time. As we were leaving our waitress did not even say goodbye or thank you even though she was right by our table. I wouldn't return here as there are so many places around Piazza del Campo who are welcoming and who want the business.

Milan, Italy
“Great food in a great spot”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This charming restaurant is perfectly located for tourists, yet it has managed to retain the charm and quality of a small local joint. We stopped by at 7 to make a reservation for 8; that was a good decision, as most people who arrived while we were eating were turned away. Pasta was house made and fresh and delicious. Everything was well done. There were two servers- the gentleman was pleasant and seemingly happy to deal with our broken Italian, but the woman was just okay and seem annoyed to be dealing with anyone. Considering the location, this restaurant could probably double its prices, but they seem equivalent to what we're accustomed to paying in other parts of Italy.

• Visited November 2013