“The highlight of our stay in Siena.”
Review of Tuscan Wine School

Tuscan Wine School
More attraction details
Owner description: Become an Tuscan Food & Wine Lover in less than 2 hrs! Join one of the daily food tours (at noon) or wine tasting sessions (at 4 pm) with a professional Sommelier and taste the typical foods of Siena & wines from all over Tuscany & learn loads of helpful details. The classes are fun and informative at the same time, are in English and run daily (except Sundays).
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We took the 2 hour Tuscan Wine tasting session with Joanna who was lovely. She was very informative, had a great sense of humour and was very engaging. We tried a variety of Tuscan wines from Rose to White to Red whilst experiencing different kinds of local produce with each. We also tried some extra virgin olive oil, truffle oil and balsamic vinegar which were all brilliant. Great value for money. I would recommend this session to all of my friends and family.

All reviews
in 99 reviews
"sofia"
in 77 reviews

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We did, overall, learn new information while on this tour, but we were a bit astounded by the aloofness of our guide. I guess we were expecting a bit more happiness and some laughter. Instead, we were a bit slow and sad, it seemed, not getting to engage in the banter we have experienced on other tours. Also, the course description mentioned balsamic vinegars, truffles, and learning about the pigs in the area. During the beginning of our "tour," customers came into the shop to buy materials and our guide left us waiting, awkwardly, I must add, while she served their needs. In that time, there was absolutely nothing for us to do...nothing to read nor discuss amongst one another. As a non-Italian, our guide was into spreading an almost "snooty" attitude Italians supposedly have regarding all of the rules of the foods, but we have not experienced that, at all, in the 12 days we have been here so far. We've been in the big cities, small villages, and towns, and even up in the remote mountains, and we have had helpful, kind, informative suggestions from our wait-staff and the homes of hosts we have stayed in. I must be honest in my review; I will, likely, not recommend this tour to my friends, as it was tedious, long-winded on the part of the guide (who made sure to emphasize her enriched and amazing education to us, as though some of us may not be educated), and did not cover the areas in which the website describes. The portions of espresso, small sips of wine, and not-so-completely-accurate stories were not engaging...

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had the Italian wines -lecture with Johanna who was absolutely great! We got to taste great wines and also compare them with different foods. Also got very good information on the process of wine making. Definitely worth taking this course when visiting Siena!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I did the 2 hour tasting tour with two girlfriends in June. Johanna started us with white wine and described how to taste it while giving us information on Italian wines. We then went to try meats and cheeses, espresso, these amazing little almond cookies, then back to where we started for red wine. Everything we had was delicious and we had a great time with Johanna. I bought some amazing olive oil and she even gave us a recommendation for where to eat dinner. It was a great way to spend an afternoon in Siena.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was great! My friends and I did the Olive Oil Seminar (2 hours) with Johanna, who was great! She really knew how to connect with us and tailored the information to what we wanted to learn about, and delivered it in a interesting and fun way! Being students studying in Italy, she gave us some really useful information about the city and what is fun to do for fun. We know we wanted to do an Olive Oil tour and we are so lucky we chose the Tuscan Wine School to do it at----it couldn't have been any better!