“Informative and Fun!”

$51.39*
and up
Siena Wine Tasting School Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: Become an Tuscan Food & Wine Lover in less than 2 hrs! Join one of the daily food tours or wine tasting sessions with a professional sommelier and taste the typical foods of Siena & wines from all over Tuscany & learn loads of helpful details. The classes are fun and informative at the same time, are in English and run daily (except Sundays).
Boston, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Informative and Fun!”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My husband and I took both the Tuscan and Italian wine classes in May with Maria Luisa! We thoroughly enjoyed each class and highly recommend either! The lessons were interesting and informative, and provided us with excellent samples of local wines and fun memories! The staff of the Wine School is incredibly friendly and warm; will happily come back to participate in other classes or activities associated with the wine school...and of course to pick up some more wine and local goodies! Thanks so much for a wonderful experience!

4 Thank BoSox4Life
winetraveller032, Owner at Tuscan Wine School - Siena, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Hello Boston!
So happy that you enjoyed it - and thanks for your support!
Viva il Vino!!!
Rebecca

Southampton, United Kingdom
“If only school was always this much fun”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Really enjoyable and informative. Lot's of information for those who wanted to take it seriously, and plenty of patience for those of us who just wanted to have fun! A two hour course tipped into three hours as our group had plenty of questions, but our host was most accomodating and in no rush to see us go. The oil tasting was good too and I bought some to bring home (in cans which made it easier to transport). Great time had by all and some follow up notes by e-mail when we got home. Well worth a visit.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So informative and enjoyable”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

While I can't remember exactly how I found out about this school, when I knew we were coming to Siena I decided to get in touch and see if we could be accommodated during a day-trip to the city. I wasn't sure what to expect, as I know very little about wine, but the class turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip to Italy. I learned so much in such a short time. Rikki (spelling?), our teacher, was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions thoroughly. A delightful experience over all and one that I would certainly recommend, even if you don't think you're a wine drinker (If not, after this class, you will be!). You will never look at a bottle of wine or taste it the same way again.

Deb Belluomini
Pittsburgh, PA

2 Thank alexfreya
Rochester, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A fantastic wine-filled lesson”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

My friend and I had Rebecca as a "teacher" and she was great. It amazed me how much she knew about wine and the wine regions in Italy. I knew very little about wine beforehand and now I know how to properly test it and what wines are appropriate for specific foods. We got to taste olive oil, cheese, and 12 year old Balsamic Vinaigrette with strawberries. It was such a fun, educational afternoon and I recommend it to anyone visiting Siena.

1 Thank mroot1
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Tasting”
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We had a great time, one of the best tastings we have attended

1 Thank ssmurphree