“A must for anyone visiting Tuscany!”

Wine Tour in Tuscany
Ranked #1 of 26 Food & Drink in Siena
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine Tour in Tuscany is owned and operated by Donatella, a young woman who was born and raised in the area. Sharing her authentic perspectives on the unknown corners of wonderful Tuscany, including those of a formally trained sommelier offers her clients a unique experience. The Tuscan landscape, its wine and food make the area one of the most famous in the world. Donatella is a polite, friendly, enthusiastic guide who speaks French and English with ease. She is fully licensed, insured and in compliance with all Italian regulations.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I would highly recommend Donatella and Wine Tour in Tuscany. She put together a wonderful day that kept our children engaged and interested while allowing us to enjoy the wines of Chianti Classico. We felt as though we were with a friend, but one who had an incredible knowledge of the area, its warm and welcoming people and the wines. I would highly recommend to anyone!

3  Thank Gerri P
There are newer reviews for Wine Tour in Tuscany

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful time with Donatella. She took us to an organic farm where we had a relaxing meal with great scenery. The Brunello wine was great, and a first for me, and we had a delicious home-cooked meal by Alberto at a small restaurant. Everything was well planned and went smoothly. Our tour-mates were a lot of fun and Donatella made it a fun and inviting atmosphere. I would highly recommend this tour.

2  Thank JoshuaNY
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We decided this would be a little splurge for our 2 1/2 week vacation to Italy and it was our favorite day of the trip. Donatella created an absolutely wonderful experience. My husband and I couldnt have been happier or more impressed. Meeting with the wine makers, getting off the beaten path, and experiencing tuscany was so much more than we imagined. SOOOO glad we did this. I'd recommend it as a must do for everyone.

4  Thank SDtraveler77
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Donatella hosted a wonderful day for 6 of us ladies travelling from Canada. We took the Brunello wine tour and were fortunate to be touring on harvest day so a couple of us eagerly participated in the process.
The two small wineries were a nice change from the large commercial wineries in the area and it was a pleasure to meet the owners and chat with them and sample their wines.
The organic cheese farm was a great stop and the samples were so delicious.
Our lunch in a quiet farmhouse was outstanding and we shared lots of laughs with the chef.
Donatella even managed to arrive at Sant'Antimo Abbey in time for us to hear some of the Gregorian chants. What an unexpected treat. Truly a wonderful day with an entertaining, knowledgeable and fun host Donatella. Highly recommend the tour!

1  Thank Laura H
Reviewed October 12, 2012

If you are considering a wine tour anywhere in Tuscany, you will miss an amazing opportunity if you don't book that tour with Donatella. She is warm, intelligent . . . and perfectly charming. Donatella is a well educated true wine professional who will tell you as much or as little as you care to know about grapes and wine.

Even if you aren't interested in the technical aspects of growing grapes or wine making, you will enjoy your day with Donatella, who bubbles with personality. She will take you to places you are unlikely to find on your own, even if you have the address and a map. Our tour was into the Chianti region of Tuscany, specifically the very small region where Chianti Classico is produced. Along our way to the first vineyard/winery, Donatella surprised us with a quick side trip to a tiny but absolutely beautiful hilltown that looked more like a walled fort than a town. I believe the population was a grand total of 38.

Then, as we moved from vineyard to vineyard, each owner greeted us warmly as if we were family or friends. By the time we left, we felt that we may have become family . . . but, most certainly, we had become friends. In addition to the opportunity to taste their prized wines, each vineyard owner treated us to delicious meats, cheeses, and breads that were accompanied by wonderful tasting olive oils produced by olives grown on the vineyard.

Our lunch was a wonderful and amazing surprise. When Donatella stopped at a beautiful 1,000 year old home in the heart of a Tuscan valley that looked like a painting, we weren't quite sure why we were there. Then, the woman that my wife, Amy, and I now refer to as "Mama Paola" appeared. "Welcome!" she said, "I hope you're hungry." We had arrived at our lunch stop. Mama Paola was a wonderfully warm Italian lady who looked as though she may have been cast by a Hollywood casting director to play the part. However, when she served one of the very best meals we experienced during our entire trip to Italy, we knew she was the real thing.

The truth is, I could go on for pages about our trip with Donatella. And, I am quite certain that if you read her other reviews, you will realize that they all echo a similar warmth and tone regarding this tour guide. We have done many tours with many guides, but my wife and I have never met anyone we enjoyed more than Donatella. She and her family are welcome at our home in Atlanta . . . anytime.

With Donatella, you can expect and will receive much, much more than just a tour of Tuscany. You will explore and discover the heart of Italy.

Enjoy!!