“Good for large groups, I guess.”

La Compagnia dei Vinattieri
Ranked #52 of 548 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ristorante enoteca nel centro di Siena
Reviewed November 9, 2012

When I worked in a restaurant, years ago, I always hated large groups. Especially those of 50 or more. The whole restaurant would have to gear up and, essentially, cater to the group. And those regular diners of 2 or 4 would end up paying the consequence of the kitchen having to meet the needs of the big group. Inevitably, every diner ended up having poor food and service, and all the workers ran their butts off.

So it was with this place. One group was of 27 at 3 tables. Another 18 at one long table. The two of us got food that was poorly prepared and the service was just OK.

Find a small place instead.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We ate here twice during our recent trip to Tuscany, staying in the vicinity of Siena -- once with friends and once just the two of us. Both meals were excellent. It was a little out of the way but worth the effort to find it. Marco and his staff made the meal highly memorable on both occasions. The wines they recommended could not have been better. We previously had an osteria as our favorite place to eat when in Siena, but La Compagnia die Vinattieri is our new favorite.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had a fabulous evening at this restaurant! Inspired offerings on the menu were delicious and presented creatively. Service was friendly and attentive. Great choice in Siena! We do not speak Italian and were still able to email our reservation request.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I fortunately got to know this restaurant (which is mainly known by the local residents) by a lovely Italian girl who works with wine and lives nearby. I just LOVED all my options and, of couse, the wine my husband and I chose to pair with them. There is also a "wine cave" which seems to be "centuries old" and thus, sooo worth a visit if you are a wine lover, just like me.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

You would have thought you cant go wrong with canneloni in italy - think again here. it was luke warm, undercooked and tasteless. we even found bones in it.