“Nice Treat”

Description: Ristorante enoteca nel centro di Siena
Workington, United Kingdom
“Nice Treat”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This was a bit of treat as it was our last night of an enjoyable stay. The menu caught our eye which was a little different from the run of the mill Tuscan dishes. This is fine dining but with reasonable prices and a wine list second to none. The dining room appeared to be an old cellar at some time and still retained this charm. The food and service were both very good, we would recommend this restaurant, although fine dining it doesn't break the bank.

Visited July 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Fabulous and unique Tuscan meal!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to me by the gentleman working the front desk at hotel where I was staying. He said it might be a little tricky to find, but gave me good directions. I walked right by it the first time, but looped back and found it. The main entrance is on a side street. As someone from the US, I am used to eating early, so when the restaurant first opened at 7:30pm, I was there. The restaurant itself was very nice, modern, nice atmosphere and lighting. The wine list was very good and there was a nice selection on the menu. I'm not a big meat eater and I don't like fish, so I was obviously leaning towards the pasta. The server brought out some bread and some seasoned bread with a spicy tomato sauce, which I loved! There was a dish on the menu that I thought was a bit of an odd combination as it mixed pasta and vegetables with ginger, but I figured I would give it a try. All I can say is amazing! I would never have thought to pair the two, but wow! The dish was Le mezzemaniche le zucchine, asparagai e ginger. I had a glass of prosecco and then a wine that was also recommended by the gentlemen at the hotel. It was a red wine from the Bolgheri region. I don't really care for red wine, but since it was recommended, I figured what the heck. And low and behold, it was excellent! From start to finish the meal was fabulous; the food, the wine, the service, everything. The price was very resonable as well. I think including a few euros tip, it came to around 20 euro. If you're in Siena, be sure to check out this restaurant; you won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2012
Siena
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Italian Meal!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Recommended to me by my hotel in Siena. Good choice, I had the tasting menu with wine (50 Euros) and it was excellent, except for one dish, the meat with sauce just didn't to it for me, so they noticed and quickly made it right by bringing me the duck breast with sauce - I was really pleasantly surprized at their response and strongly recommend this restaurant. A large gathering was enjoying the space (> 15 people on two tables) and they were having a great time.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank DonF022
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“fabulous”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We had 2 fabulous dinners here. Beautiful room, elegant but family-oriented and friendly. Great wines and food. very special.

• Visited May 2012
Haarlem, The Netherlands
“Very Nice dining. Excellent staff. Local dishes, reasonable prices.”
Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, excellent (English speaking) staff. More than 20 open wines, very well advised by staff. Superb chocalate cake ( 10 out of 10 points). Pici with lamb sauce as a primi piatti was very food. Of you wish to have diner past 8 pm a Reservation is recommended. Go there and don't Tell the other tourists.