“Excellent Food at a Reasonable Price”

Osteria Boccon del Prete
Ranked #38 of 584 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

Every dish we had was terrific. We had two specials - crostone with cheese, artichokes and tomato pesto and pasta with a ragu of cuttlefish. Our second courses were from the regular menu - smoked swordfish with melon and rockfish and mixed vegetables cooked in paper. We were too full for dessert.

I highly recommend the restaurant. Be sure to make a reservation. Many people were turned away while we dined.

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,870)

Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

Dined here on our first night in Siena. Says a lot when people are queuing to get in. This rustic little place is truly a place to visit whilst in Siena. The fact that it was full with locals says it all. My wife and I spent 12 days touring Italy covering 5 cities and my wife said the smoked swordfish and melon she had was the best singular meal she had over the entire trip. An amazing selection of food at a very reasonable price

Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch for the smoked swordfish. As before it was delicious. We then booked a table for the same evening and my wife had the swordfish again - I had the excellent tagliata. Service was friendly and the timings were just right (not to show our quick). This is a definite on any future visit to Siena.

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

Ate lunch here with three friends. We were concerned about not having reservations, but they welcomed us in and led us to a nice back room. We ordered three appetizers to share and an entree for each. Delicious! I had the pasta with Tuscan meat sauce. Best ever! Service was excellent, and prices were very reasonable, especially considering the quality of the food. Overall, a wonderful experience.

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

I had a dinner at Osteria Boccon del prete. It was very good. Food was quick, spaghetti was typical Italian... The only bad thing but that restaurant is that the staff is very noisy when getting the dirty plates from the tables...