“Cannot recommend...”

Ristorante Da Renzo
Ranked #434 of 536 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Restaurant Spaghetteria Da Renzo you can taste the typical Sienese cuisine with excellent dishes refined and processed by our Chef. The all you can enjoy in a cozy room located in the historic center just steps from Piazza del Campo.Nel summer you can enjoy the outdoor veranda, located in scenic Independence Square that will immerse you in the magical atmosphere that 'summer Siena with its manifestations can offer. The restaurant began as Osteria early '900, among the top eateries in the city is popular with tourists Italians and foreigners, offers a varied menu and a menu studied separately for groups or parties, waiting to meet you too , we invite you to view our pages and to register to the site so that you can receive our special future.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I often prefer to patronize the little Mom and Pop restaurants and took a chance as I was staying directly across the street at the Hotel La Perla. This is the lowest rating I have ever given a restaurant. I have traveled to many countries on several continents and am familiar with the customs and what to expect in each. I have to say that the service was below standard and the food was pitiful. In a city such as Siena, with a plethora of good restaurants, I can only politely suggest that you seek out a meal elsewhere.

1  Thank JoeBroski

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Last night was our first in Siena. We were expecting great food in Siena and it was the worst meal we have EVER had. My husband had meat and potatoes which looked awful, scraps to give a dog is all I can say. I had lasagna ( can't go wrong in Italy you would think ) awful! They had also run out of French fries and asked if we would have roast potatoes. They came, undercooked and cold. Awful again. Never again.

1  Thank J K
Reviewed August 9, 2013

After 45 mins wait for food it was the wrong order. Other tables ordering after us were served before and the staff were the rudest I've ever experienced in Italy. A couple next to us waited 45 mins for two salads. Terribly overpriced for less than average food too.

1  Thank n-n-n-neil
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

A small restaurant in Siena with below average service. Though we could be seated quickly, the service afterwards was utterly slow. When we asked if the waiter could check on our order he was a little offended, though we assured him it was only an informative question. In general, it seems that Italian waiters get offended rather quickly when something unexpected happens (a question or a complaint), so take note. The food wasn't spectacular and a little tasteless. The pizzas tastes similar to microwaved ones. When we asked for the bill we were compensated for the long wait with four limoncellos. All in all, I would not recommend eating here.

1  Thank Kevinschie
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stopped in for dinner on a Sunday evening when there were only about 4 or 5 tables with other diners on the terrace. We ordered our food and some drinks: 2 beers, a bottle of water and a bottle of rose wine. After about 10 minutes the beer and water had arrived, but despite 2 or 3 reminders to the waiter, no wine. He eventually admitted to us that the rose wine was not cold so they were using a fast-chiller on it. So we waited another 10 minutes until the appetizers arrived and asked again. Of course, no problem and he raced off to get it, but did not re-emerge from the building. Another 5 minutes and he came out to service another table and we got his attention and this time we finally got the wine. By this stage we were really regretting choosing this restaurant, and the food did nothing to change this view - it was ok at best, but if the service had been top quality we might even have enjoyed our meal. We would certainly never go back there.