“Neighborhood gem”

Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We were there in late November. It's a small restaurant so it does fill up. I agree with other reviewers that it is not "fancy". On the other hand, the prices were reasonable considering the quality of the dishes and I thought it was, overall, a great value. The menu is apparently handwritten daily but when we were there, we started with the affetatti misti (sliced meats) and the trio of crostini. Among the pastas we had were the gnocchi with gorgonzola and pear(fantastic) and the pici with ragu (delicious). The dishes are based on fresh, seasonal produce. The wine was reasonable and very good. Would definitely go back there.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were disappointed by our dinner here after reading all the Trip Advisor reviews. The food was okay, served without style. Nothing to write home about!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

The Osteria del Gatto is truly an incredible find. The atmosphere is comfortable and relaxing and allows you to enjoy your meal to the fullest while being surrounded by true Italian charm. Everything is genuine. The prices are extremely reasonable and the menu is carefully chosen according to what is in season. The dishes are prepared carefully with tastes and flavors that will keep your mouth constantly entertained and make you wonder how on earth this perfection was achieved.
I have been able to get to know Marco, the owner, and am truly impressed by his passion for his restaurant, the food, and his guests. One of my favorite experiences was listening to him explain what is important to him about a meal and what he believes a dining experience should be like. He is so passionate about what he does and this is reflected in every dish that is made.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Not only will you never be disappointed, but I have no doubt that here you will have meals that you will never forget.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great little restaurant with all Italian hand written menu and a patient waiter! We don't speak much Italian but he explained the menu quickly in pretty decent english. Good food, great deal! (50 euro for two with decent bottle of wine) We enjoyed it so much, went back the next day to try some other menu items! Small place so reservations might be a good idea- we reserved for same day or next day meals no problem.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

This is the kind of place you dream of stumbling upon in Tuscany: no nonsense Tuscan cuisine, simple, fresh ingredients cooked absolutely perfectly. The experience is revelatory. If I could only have one meal before I died, I would go here and ask Marco and Tomaso to cook me a feast. IF you want to eat like the locals and have an authentic and perfect Tuscan meal, come here.