Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
This is really worth it!

I've done a few walks with Walk About Italy (Gianni) before : Tuscany, Amalfi and last month... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
linniek
Cape Town Central, South Africa
WALK ABOUT ITALY - SICILY TOUR

I can really recommend the Sicily walk having just returned after a walking tour with 6 other... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
gagers2016
Durban, South Africa

Recommended experiences in and around Siena
from $68.81
from $166.81
from $70.89
from $20.85
More Info
All reviews walking tour olive groves awesome tour his knowledge off the beaten path beautiful countryside gianni culture towns tuscany wine walkabout depth
Selected filters
Reviewed April 10, 2018

This was our second tour with Gianni. We did the 8 day tour of Tuscany 2 years ago and just spent time with Gianni touring around Sicily. His tours are exceptional. Not only will you have some amazing hikes with beautiful views, but these tours will help you to experience the food, the wine, the culture, the history and the people of Italy. it is the most complete overview of Italy that you could expect. The time spent on these tours will help you understand what Italy is all about and when you are done, you will fall in love with Italy and the people of Italy. I would highly recommend a tour with Walk About Italy. We will be calling Gianni again the next time we return to Italy.

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank jsammy85
Reviewed February 15, 2018

We booked with Gianni to do a private walking tour with my wife and myself and him guiding. He was able to fit us in at short notice between 2 groups that he had. He was an excellent guide and the trip was one of the best we have done. We ate the best food and ended up shipping back 5 cases of wine from vineyards you would never be able to buy from. We did a cooking class and learned to cook pechi (may not be spelled right) and had a really good evening. The hotel was good, the location was good. I would highly recommend using him. Please contact me if you have any questions. We will book him again when we have time to go back as there are many routes and new things to discover.
Dean Weinkauf

Date of experience: May 2017
1  Thank drweinkauf
Reviewed January 15, 2018

This tour was extraordinary and exceeded all my expectations. The guides, Gianni Stanghellini and Sara Testi, were kind, thoughtful, extremely well-organized, very knowledgeable about the region, and sensitive to members' particular needs. The hotels were wonderful; the food delicious; and the activities/stops all interesting, welcoming and informative. All practical arrangements were virtually flawless. A lovely mixtures of guided time and activities and time to explore on our own.And an overall atmosphere of humor and good-fellowship.

Reviewed November 21, 2017

This was a wonderful experience. The views, the food, the people and of course the wine.Before visiting Tuscany, I was a white wine drinker. i must confess, I have converted. Love Italy, always will. Have a special place in my heart, even so that I want to retire there one day.
Our tour guides if I can call them that, was more like friends and made the experience super special. Gianni is a great host -"our little professor"

Reviewed November 14, 2017

It’s not cheap I know... but this one day tour with Daniele as a tour guide exceeded my expectations! I was the only one so probably that’s why it was more expensive as if I had shared costs with 2-3 tourists. I was picked up at 9:00 am from Siena and we traveled on Danieles’s car to Quirilco d’Orcia; we started our 3 hours walk there along the via Francigena pilgrimage route (which started in Canterbury, crossed France, Tuscany, and ended in Rome) ... weather was just great and landscapes were just beautiful, we crossed valleys where there were wine, wheat and olives crops, as well as juniper, which is used to produce gin liquor. On the way wonderful views of Val d’Orcia towns / villages up on the hills such as Montalcino, Pienza, Montepulciano......we stopped for a quite rewarding (and delicious) lunch at a local italian trattoria were we had regional food & pasta, and in the afternoon we continued, in his car, and stopped at Orti Leonine, a beautiful renaissance garden, visited Bagno Vignogi, a thermal waters village, continued to Monticello, a beautiful middle ages town with almost no tourists!.... and on our way back made a small stop at a beautiful house on the hills where “Gladiator” was filmed ......the tour price includes pick-up and return to your hotel; the lunch meal is a separate expense but it was a reasonable price, and it is really one’s choice what to eat/drink....this was really a wonderful experience in Tuscany... so full of nature, history and Daniele was really friendly and open to talk about any subject related to nature, history, geography, agriculture and/or local customs .... I recommend this walk to anyone who wants a day free of group tours, and walk around and visit beautiful non-tourist packed places at your own pace, in company of a friendly Tuscan guide.....Molti grazie Daniele and Walk About Tuscany.....I’ll always recommend you!! ...Arrivederci!

1  Thank Claudia2727