“Three friends in Siena”

Ranked #6 of 26 Food & Drink in Siena
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: My name is Gianni. I am a PhD geologist, certified nature guide and tour operator. Let me show you around the undiscovered Tuscany and set up your trip. I organize active tours. You will be able to enjoy beautiful walks in the countryside and through small villages, interact with the locals and sample great food and wines in Tuscany and Italy. I am a 46 year old resident, so passionate about my country. Only private tours or small group joinable tours. No bus crazy crowds! Let me put together a great active and cultural vacation for you and your friends. Please read my reviews.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My friends and I enjoyed 6 beautiful days in Siena and the surrounding countryside. This was in large part due to Gianni.The highlights of our stay were the day tours designed by Giana. He and his colleague, Sara, arranged for tours that captured the historical essence of each area that we visited. However, they provided much more than information.. Being from the area, they were passionate about Siena and the surrounding towns and countryside. Gianni and Sara taught us much about the culture and people of the area. This provided an added dimension to our tours that we considered priceless. They took the time to connect with us as people which made our time together so much fun in addition to interesting!

Gianni custom made each day tour for us insuring that we experienced exactly what we had wanted. This was my second visit to Italy and Gianni's tours were the best that I have experienced. I will only use Gianni's tour and travel services in the future when I visit Europe!!

There are newer reviews for Walk About Tuscany Tours

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife, son, and I all enjoyed the personal walking tour around the Castle Brolio and vinyards in the beautiful Chianti wine country. Gianni was pleasant, patient, informative, accommodating to our needs, and good company. In all a great guide. The extra help and orinetation before the unexpected Polio warm-ups was a lucky bonus. For our next trip to Italy, we will certainly be tapping Gianni again.
(Salve, Gianni.)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We spent two fantastic days walking with Gianni on 6th and 7th July. With a three week holiday in Italy and a range of activities, this was a highlight. On Day 1, Gianni organised a walk through farmland south of Castellini in Chianti, including a restaurant stop for lunch, and ending with a good look around Castellina. On Day 2 Gianni picked us up from a per-arranged location and drove us to Pienza. From Pienza we walked to San Quirico umd'Orcia. We had intended to walk back, but Gianni wisely organised a taxi. On returning to Pienza, he guided us around the town, before concluding the day with another short walk.
Gianni is remarkably personable, flexible and professional in every aspect of the service that he offers. We would certainly seek an opportunity to walk with him again in the future. His passion for Tuscany and his work is most evident. We greatly enjoyed his great sense of humour and his company!

1  Thank Rob and Anne W
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I enjoyed two amazing days of walking with Gianni in October 2012 visiting the Chianti and Pienza regions. It was a fantastic way to experience the scenery, food, wine, history and culture of these Tuscan regions. I found Gianni to be a very passionate, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and professional guide who made me feel like I was spending time with a good friend.
I have great memories of walking the rolling Tuscan hills, visiting the small hilltop towns and sampling the local food and wines. A highlight of my trip to Europe.
Walk About Tuscany is a wonderful way to discover the hidden gems of Tuscany away from the crowds. Many thanks Gianni

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Another couple and we completed a tour of the Siena region at the end of May-beginning of June. Gianni arranged a perfect hotel and 1/2 day tour of Florence before we started our walk about tour. Gianni was very flexible and revised our tour according to the weather, including a cooking class on a rainy day! The hotels and the meals were fantastic; Gianni is a great conversationalist and gave us a thorough grounding in Tuscany history and culture. He even performed a short concert for us with his flute in a small chapel, and took us to hear the Gregorian chants. We had talked about doing such a tour of Tuscany for sometime, and this tour met all of our expectations and exceeded them.

WalkAboutTuscany, Owner at Walk About Tuscany Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Thanks Pachet!
Taking care of people is what I can do quite well because I picture myself definitely as a people-person. Making people happy is my obsession :) . Actually you and your group of friends was so easy and happy that guiding was also very easy. Thank you for having been a good audience for my music.
In the end we only had good walks, good meals, good company, good music...hope so :-). Easy! Isn’t it?
You are always welcome to visit here and explore more with me.
‘Till next!