“Highly recommended!”

Franco Wine Tour Experience
Ranked #8 of 27 Food & Drink in Siena
More attraction details
Owner description: Franco Fadda Tours & Activities Snc is a fully licensed and insured Italy-based Travel Agency. You're staying in Siena and want to dedicate a day touring the wine regions?! Spend the day in the company of a local wine passionate and perhaps with a few other wine travelers.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My wife and I took Franco's Brunello tour Oct. 3, 2013. It was the highlight of our two weeks in Italy, and well worth the money. The tour had eight people, ourselves and 6 Texans, serious wine connoisseurs who I believe were also impressed given the cases of wine they were ordering for home delivery. Franco picked us up in Siena, ON TIME, was very knowledgeable yet stepped back and let the vintners tell their stories at the two small wineries we visited. He laid on a huge lunch in between vineyard visits, and the tour itself lasted well into the evening as we were all interested in the places we were seeing. Would HIGHLY recommend Franco's services, no matter your level of wine expertise. We are not-very-talented amateurs but enjoyed ourselves immensely. By the way, the wine was fabulous, and free-flowing.

All reviews
in 22 reviews
"tuscan lunch"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Franco Fadda is a find. Rare for his knowledge and passion for Italian wine and his willingness to share it in a fun, adventuresome way. He goes beyond the call of duty to give guests the very best experience possible, even staying with us late into the evening to show us his favorite meditative place, Sant' Antimo Abbey, Tuscany's Romanesque treasure. Our time in Montalcino was the best of our trip. We highly recommend Franco to any traveler with an interest in Italy's wine regions and the ultimate in Tuscan hospitality. In our book, Franco is "Numero Uno." We will definitely be contacting him the next time we visit Tuscany. Ciao! Lorraine and John K.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Franco is outstanding! He undoubtedly goes out of his way to ensure you have a great time. Even some circumstances after our tour, our own fault, really impressed me as to his character and dedication to his customers. We had a great time on our Montepulciano/Montalcino tour. He knows so much about the area and we encountered some things that you would never never experience on your own. Lunch at Trattoria Il Pozzo in Montalcino was excellent. Plenty of food and wine, including dessert, and it was extremely good. So good and plentiful that a few on the tour were sleepy after lunch. I can't wait to go back to Tuscany and without a doubt I will be calling Franco! Ciao.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Franco picked up my wife and I at our hotel in Siena for a Chianti Classico tour with two other couples, on October 2, 2013.

Franco was a charming and engaging guide and companion for the day. He is knowledgeable and absolutely passionate about wine, particularly Italian wine. It made for a very informative tour.

Franco had a good relationship with the people at the wineries, and we had access to a great deal of the wineries we visited. I have visited many wineries on three continents, and have never had such an in depth tour.

The lunch was really special. Again Franco had a great relationship with the owners of the restaurant in the charming hillside village he took us to, and we sampled several delicious wines with a superb lunch.

I would also like to point out that Franco is a careful driver, and although the roads are windy and sometimes narrow, at no time did I - or anyone else in our party - feel unsafe.

I unreservedly recommend Franco for your wine tour choice.

1  Thank Dave M
See more reviews
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I spent my 30th birthday on a Brunello wine tour with Franco Fadda, and I could not have enjoyed a better celebration!
He conveniently met my husband and I in a town near our villa, then took us and two other couples on tours of two separate wineries. The day was split up with an excellent lunch that lasted for over two hours and included too many courses to count. Since it was also my birthday, Franco arranged with the restaurant owners to bring out some desserts with candles while everyone sang Happy Birthday. It was incredibly thoughtful and memorable!
It was obvious from the start that Franco was both knowledgeable and passionate about Italian wines. Both of the wineries that we visited heartily welcomed us and seemed to have a great relationship with Franco. All of the wines that we tasted were delicious and the scenery that we saw throughout the day was breathtaking. We learned a lot about the wine making process and bought several bottles to bring home with us. It was a great day full of fun and adventure!
I would HIGHLY recommend taking a wine tour with Franco Fadda. His tour was the highlight of our trip to Tuscany.