“Last minute cancellation”

Franco Wine Tour Experience
Ranked #3 of 25 Food & Drink in Siena
More attraction details
Owner description: Franco Fadda Tours & Activities Snc is a fully licensed and insured Italy-based Travel Agency. You're staying in Siena and want to dedicate a day touring the wine regions?! Spend the day in the company of a local wine passionate and perhaps with a few other wine travelers.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Last minute cancellation”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We booked a trip with Franco for a private wine tour for me and my husband. All booked clearly in advance, we'd researched other tours and had turned them down as we felt that this was the right one for us. It was not cheap at 520 euros but we were really excited about the tour and felt we would get the red carpet rolled out. Think again.

Franco called at 11.30pm the night before the tour to cancel us! He took on another booking and decided that we could tag onto that instead. It would involve getting up earlier, driving 40 minutes to the first of 2 other hotels to pick up our new collection of companions. WHAT???? That is not a private tour!!! We planned our mini break around a private wine tour and, guess what, we can't go on one now. Thanks Franco.

Think carefully before you book with this company as you might get bumped at the last minute if a better deal comes along.

Visited August 2013
6 Thank hjb00123

• Chinese (Traditional) first
High Bridge, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Wine and Better Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

While on a trip with my Fiance's family in Tuscany we booked Franco to show us Chianti Classico.
He showed up on time and was a very lively character. At each of the vineyards we stopped at Franco had a good rapport with the owners and knew a lot about the wine we were drinking. It was great. Thanks Franco

Visited July 2013
2 Thank rruussoo
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Wine Tour in Tuscany!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

STOP YOUR SEARCH AND TOUR WITH FRANCO!!!

Ok.... so my base of comparison is limited, BUT I can safely say that I can't imagine how a wine tour in Tuscany could be any better than what Franco has to offer! I called him up, told him I was specifically interested in trying Brunello di Montalcino and Vin Nobile di Montepulciano. Two days later we were picked up from the bus station in Siena (we were staying in Bologna) and were off on a wine adventure I can honestly say I'll never forget.

It's all in the details - Franco picked up specific cheese to match the terroir of the wine we were about to taste and while we were waiting for him to purchase the cheese, he treated us all to freshly made gelato! The first winery in Montalcino was incredible - the only pressure to buy the wine came from the incredible quality of the wine itself! We stopped for lunch at an unforgettable slow-food restaurant, where Franco treated us to a full 5-course meal and multiple bottles of wine - that alone is worth the price of the tour!

We were allowed to go at our own pace the entire day - which ended up being a full 10 hour tour! It is clear that Franco loves his homeland, and truly enjoys inviting us all in to experience it with him - more as friends than as patrons!

Visited September 2012
2 Thank LBMoon
Nassau
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Mr. Franco Fadda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

My family and I have had the awesome privilege of meeting Franco Fadda during our trip to Tuscany Italy. Prior to our trip to Tuscany Italy, we weren't sure if booking a tour guide was the best choice for us, based on a bad experience we've had with another tour guide, different location. But after realizing that it is the best choice we did our research and came upon Franco Fadda. When we arrived Mr. Fadda had a big smile on his face, he greeted each of us and made us feel welcomed. Mr. Fadda took us to every Historic sites and took his time while explaining what each site meant, he was not watching the clock, was not impatient but very detailed about the information he gave. Mr. Fadda showed good customers skills, he laughed with us and made us feel like we're old friends. We soon grew comfortable with him, we ate breakfast had lunch such a "GREAT" experience. Where we're from, our number 1 industry is Tourism and customer service plays a GREAT part in our service. Anyone who deals with people, whether foreign or local, when you take a job or own a company that caters to people, you have to have good people's skills and Franco Fadda showed us that. Another thing, when a person loves his country it shows in how much time and effort he /she puts into their work, it shows in the way he/she takes the time in making sure that everything is what it should be, the way he speaks about his country, so proud to be an Italian, and because Mr. Fadda is proud of who he is, he's proud of the city he represents. Italy. Anyone out there who's planning a trip to Tuscany Italy or any where around Italy, without hesitation I recommend Franco Fadda, he truly shows love for his country and good people skills.

Visited July 2013
3 Thank A M
Ottawa, Canada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Another amazing tour with Franco Wine Tour Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

When you have found the perfect parnership, you stop looking for another one ! Thats how I feel about Franco and the incredible service he offers. I have just returned from another great Photography tour of the Tuscan region and beyond, and I cannot think of a better person than Franco to know where a photgrapher can get all the best shots. His knowledge of the region and his connections took me to places I did nto even know existed or I would have never had the chance to see otherwise. Franco, you know I think you are best and I want everyone else to know it to. Thank you so much, I can hardly wait to come back and spend another great day with you shooting some incredible sights !

Visited June 2013