“A unique and memorable experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Franco Wine Tour Experience

Franco Wine Tour Experience
Ranked #3 of 25 Food & Drink in Siena
More attraction details
Owner description: Franco Fadda Tours & Activities Snc is a fully licensed and insured Italy-based Travel Agency. You're staying in Siena and want to dedicate a day touring the wine regions?! Spend the day in the company of a local wine passionate and perhaps with a few other wine travelers.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Ottawa, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A unique and memorable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Here's the thing: a wine tour, like travelling itself, is all about the experience. At the end of the day, my wife and I sat back and thought, wow, that was really cool. We are still savouring the experience (figuratively and literally, as we bought some wine and olive oil).

First, discard your conventional notions of rushed groups of tourists cramming into big wineries that give you a couple of sips then invite you into the store, with a guide that chatters all the time about history, geography and local social trivia (gossip). That is not what you will get. Sit back and put yourself into Franco's hands. Ignore the fact that he doesn't necessarily tell you where you are or what you are looking at, or that he might stop along the way to buy food for his cats. If you want to know something, ask him, and he will give you informative and interesting answers, straight from the heart.

Franco grew up near Siena and is an ex-farmer. This tour was all about wine and food. We did the Montalcino and Montepulciano tour, which included tasting some wonderful Brunellos (Franco is a collector). My wife and I joined three other couples, all from the United States, whom we really enjoyed. With all of us, Franco shared his passion for the wines, food and ambience of the region. He took us to two family wineries, one small, the other minuscule by international standards, both modest but professional operations producing high-quality products with tender loving care. Great experiences, both visits. We left really wanting these people to do well. And lunch was amazing. Franco ordered everything (he let us decide this). For a couple of hours we lingered in a family restaurant in a pretty hilltop village, savouring local specialties and of course some local wines.

Relax and enjoy the day. Don't be in a hurry to get back. Franco is not a clock watcher. Go for the experience, and soak it all in. We will never forget it.

1 Thank GTOtt

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Richmond, VA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Hightlight of my trip !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We recently visited Italy for 10 days, spending 3 in Tuscany. We took the all day wine tour with Franco (Brunello Montalcino region) and had him all to ourselves. He was very accomodating by taking us to a grocery store and bakery (not part of the tour). He is very knowledgeable about wines and obviously has good relationships with wineries in the area. I learned so much more from this tour than any other wine tour. Other reviews have noted he's on his phone alot (which he is) however he does have a business to run and I didn't feel this took away from our tour. I will definitely never forget this day as it was the highlight of our trip !! Thanks Franco !! (And by the way, I'm visiting Barboursville in a few weeks !)

Denver, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“DF BIKE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Francesco is amazing! This place is a top notch bike shop with full rental services. This was the only place I could find that offered day trips vs group or package.The owner even loaned us his personal GPS to help us! Amazing!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank DJH-Dano
Ottawa, Canada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Franco will make you fall in love with Tuscany...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

This was my second opportunity to spend a day with Franco and explore even further Tuscany and all it has to offer. I wanted to treat my friend Stephania to the Franco Fadda experience and he did not disappoint. From the pick-up in the morning to the end of the day, once again it was an experience I will never forget. The visit to the Abbey, the exceptional wine tastings, meeting the people behind the scenes and the AMAZING lunch, it was just a perfect day and my friend Stephania was completely impressed. Franco, thank you for everything you do to make this experience so completely memorable. I cannot recommend this tour and Franco Fadda, strongly enough !!

1 Thank Myles M
Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“I wish there were Six Stars..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Franco never lets you down. Even though I've done his tour before, he found something new for us to do!!! Cooking class, Brunello tasting, sitting on the Piazza del Campo and just taking in the beauty of Siena. Mille Grazie, Franco for your professional and warm tour. LOVE IT!

Visited September 2012