“WONDERFUL!”
Review of Osteria La Piana

Osteria La Piana
Ranked #67 of 543 Restaurants in Siena
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I was on my own visiting Siena so the restaurant is an important moment...simply wonderful! Great food , cheap considering the spot and staff very fast and friendly..suggested by a friend of mine who takes american cyclist in Tuscany.. very reccomended

Write a ReviewReviews (1,177)

Reviewed July 12, 2014

We choosed that restaurant because we were parked nearby and the comments on Tripadvisor were good.

The service was not that warm (compared to Italian standards) but the food is good and the prices quite contained.

As mentioned by several comments here, the customers are mainly locals.

The room is quite tiny: maybe 7 tables inside including a big table for 6 to 8 people, others are suitable for 4 guests. A few tables outside as well.

All in all it was a good experience and I would recommend this address for a lunch in the beautiful Siena.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had an amazing meal here. True, authentic Italian cooking. My daughter had the bruschetta starter and I had the capers salad. Both were delicious. The owner recommended and excellent bottle of wine from the region. My daughter had pici with meat sauce and I had ravioli with mushroom and truffle ragu sauce. Both meals were delicious. I saw people reading the menu outside and found myself wanting to catch their eye and say "come in, it's worth it!"

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We just had appetizers but other dishes looked good. Had prosciutto with melon and husband had pizza. Service just okay. Not a favorite but, good average fare.

1  Thank a5035805
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The food and prices were excellent - much better than in the center of the city where all the tourist go. The staff were very friendly and special orders were no problem.